Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Clip On Clearance Issue

Default Clip On Clearance Issue

So I recently lowered the front end 1.5" and installed some woodcraft Clip ons with the 1.5" risers. I love the way the bike rides now but am no longer able to make sharp turns when I'm walking the bike. When I turn left the brake lever hits the front fairing and when I turn right it's even worse on the clutch due to the clutch lever being after market. When I park the bike I can't turn the front wheel all the way to the left so I can't lock the front forks with the key. Any body else have this issue?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by droppedbike; 10-22-2017 at 08:57 AM.

I have my aftermarket brake lever tilted just high enough to clear the fairing. My aftermarket clutch lever does hit the fairing though

Extend the bars further out so that the the tip of the bar (opposite the grips) in almost flush with the clamp and rotate the controls. I managed to find a location that cleared the tank and fairing (I also have woodcraft 1.5" risers and bike lowered around 1.75". With the bars in that far you'll never clear the fairing.
    Mods: /Shogun Sliders/ C. Werkes FE/ ZX6R Mirrors/ Flushmounts/ POW Tank Pad/ PC5/ Driven BO's/ Shorty Levers/ Kuryakyn Throttle Lock - Bar Ends/ AHR - HID/ LEDs-Air Scoop/ T-rex Spools/ Woodcraft Clip-Ons/ Kuryakyn ISO Grips/ Puig Racing Screen/ Ram Mount/ / Stompgrip/ Red Rim Stripes/ Red Spike Bolts/ CF Gas Cap Cover/Billet Alum. Pegs/ MD Integrated Taillight/ Healtech GiPro GI/Airbox Mod/ Short V Stacks/ FZ6 Cams/ Galfer Stainless Braided Brake Lines/ Volar Sintered HH pads/ Ogio tailbag