Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Arrow Exhaust

Default Arrow Exhaust

I'm looking at this exhaust for my wife's FZ6R: http://www.ebay.com/itm/EXHAUST-PIPE...19.m1438.l2649

Has anyone on this forum ever used it?

Did you HAVE to install a Power Commander or something similar?

If so, what map did you use?

Have to do anything with the 02 sensor?

I picked this particular exhaust. However, the questions above would apply to any full exhaust that any member has used.

I don't want to have to use a Power Commander if it isn't necessary. As long as the bike runs OK is all I'm worried about. I'm not worried about getting peak HP throughout the rev range.

Thanks for any suggestions/answers/opinions

Big O

I'm just looking into a power commander the last few days. It is suggested that if/when you change your exhaust and/or air filter, that you do play around with your fuel management.
    Most bikes are meant to run lean from the factory. The engine is probably a little fuel starved, especially after a new pipe.
    Of course this is probably just to obtain peak performance. It may run perfectly fine.
    I would say the option is yours.

On their website right now, dynojet has maps for a stock, full M4 system, or a full Two brothers system.
    http://www.powercommander.com/powercommander/

Also on my stock exhaust there is no o2 sensor.

I'm working on my exhaust also right now so I'm learning alot of this as I go.
    Last edited by jroc99; 09-04-2017 at 10:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jroc99 View Post
    Big O

I'm just looking into a power commander the last few days. It is suggested that if/when you change your exhaust and/or air filter, that you do play around with your fuel management.
    Most bikes are meant to run lean from the factory. The engine is probably a little fuel starved, especially after a new pipe.
    Of course this is probably just to obtain peak performance. It may run perfectly fine.
    I would say the option is yours.

On their website right now, dynojet has maps for a stock, full M4 system, or a full Two brothers system.
    http://www.powercommander.com/powercommander/

Also on my stock exhaust there is no o2 sensor.

I'm working on my exhaust also right now so I'm learning alot of this as I go.
    Thanks for the info.

I ended up going with a Black Widow 300mm system. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-FZ6R-...72.m2749.l2649

I haven't got to start the bike up and listen to it or give it a test run as I have the bike in pieces waiting to get the shock and forks back from Traxxion Dynamics.

I was raelly surprised that there wasn't on O2 sensor in the stock exhaust. This gives me hope that I won't need one. I know for optimal results a Power Commander would be the way to go but lets face it, the FZ6R isn't a race bike so hopefully doesn't need tuned like one.

I'll post up some pics and give the system a review when I get it all back together.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG O View Post
    Thanks for the info.

I ended up going with a Black Widow 300mm system. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Yamaha-FZ6R-...72.m2749.l2649

I haven't got to start the bike up and listen to it or give it a test run as I have the bike in pieces waiting to get the shock and forks back from Traxxion Dynamics.

I was raelly surprised that there wasn't on O2 sensor in the stock exhaust. This gives me hope that I won't need one. I know for optimal results a Power Commander would be the way to go but lets face it, the FZ6R isn't a race bike so hopefully doesn't need tuned like one.

I'll post up some pics and give the system a review when I get it all back together.
    What year is your wife's bike? I just got a 2015 YZ6R. I'm looking to replace exhaust. I like the look of the black widow. Did you need a Power Commander?