Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Looking for FZ6R 2009 compatible rear monoshock

Default Looking for FZ6R 2009 compatible rear monoshock

I'm looking for a new shock, mine has a seal leak and even on it's highest/firmest setting it feels mushy. With a second rider my license plate hits the rear wheel on bumps.

I know the options to rebuild it with Racetech, but I'm also interested in a clean switch with one. Please PM me if you have one for sale that does not have seal leaks.

thanks.

Have you looked at the brand new shocks also? Ohlins has nice mid grade ones also.

Current DB Windshield, Immortal Graphix Clear Tank Pad, TapeWorks Reflective Wheel Stripes, Lightning Performance Sliders, T-REX Spools, MotoCentric Sport Saddle, Givi V46, GTI-R HID Projector, Banshee Horn, Speigler Blue Brake lines, Rizoma Engine & Crank Case Guards.

Desired Givi V35. Puig Touring Windscreen, TechSpec Tank Grips, Rizoma F/E, +1/0 Sprockets, New Clutch/Brake Levers.

Hey MNGreg, I have but the suspension companies I reached out to that handle Ohlins for USA did not ever reply to me, nor was I able to source a new model for my bike from their website. I know the Racetech new suspension starts at $1k+, I'm just hard pressed to spend that much on this bike instead of just upgrading the a Street Triple or Daytona 675 that already come with the better suspension.

If you know of any Ohlins models that would be a direct fit for an 09 FZ6r, please share the model number(s) so I can check them out.

A Google search for "(fz6r OR xj6) Ohlins shock" brings up a lot of pages referencing the Ohlins STX46 S46DR1.
    John

Current Bike: 2009 FZ6R Blue/White, Shogun No-Cut Frame Sliders, Pro-Grip Tank Pad, Rascal Grafik Tank Grip
    Current Gear: HJC IS-MAX BT helmet, Fly Racing Trekker Jacket, Fly Racing Butane Pants, Cortech Adrenaline Gloves
    Mileage: 17200mi
    "A good p̶i̶l̶o̶t̶ rider is always learning."