Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  4
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: 2013 FZ6R Exhaust modification help

Default 2013 FZ6R Exhaust modification help

Hello 600cc!

I just got my FZ6R a few weeks ago. I have done quite a few modifications to it and am fairly pleased with it besides for the exhaust. I don't have 1.2K to drop on an exhaust, so I have been looking into replacing the stock headers with R6 Headers and an R6 slip on.
    My question to you guys is:
    Would 2004 R6 Headers fit my 2013 FZ6R?
    What year slip on, and what slip on would be optimal with a 150-300 budget for that not the slip on?
    I'd appreciate it folks!

All you need to make your own exhaust for it is a welder, a grinder, and about $20 worth of exhaust pipe from advanced or O'Reilly's. I just finished mine last night. I used the exhaust piping and bought a glass pack muffler too

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

3. Thanks Ayebeezy thanked for this post

Is there any way you could link me to a video and the glass pack/piping necessary? I'm super bad with finding exhaust parts and knowing what fits since these methods aren't mainstream.

I don't make exhaust anymore these days. And to be fair honest, at this price I won't even bother making one for myself LOL I'm sure the mid pipe can be mod to have the slip-on position underneath.

http://www.delkevic.us/index.php?rou...er&SKU=COM03BG

Martin

Life is all about attitude. Be hard on yourself, easy on others.

FZ6R sold...

6. Thanks Ayebeezy thanked for this post
    Likes jpag, Ayebeezy liked this post

My bad marthy. I am new and didn't know prices very well but I know you're well known. Didn't mean to low ball. But amazing find! Does the delkevic full exhaust for 375 make it loud/sound good? And I don't need a pcv? Thanks for the link'

8. Thanks dazza_FZ6R thanked for this post
    Likes dazza_FZ6R liked this post

If you go with the delkevic post some videos.

10. Likes dazza_FZ6R liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Marthy View Post
    I don't make exhaust anymore these days. And to be fair honest, at this price I won't even bother making one for myself LOL I'm sure the mid pipe can be mod to have the slip-on position underneath.

http://www.delkevic.us/index.php?rou...er&SKU=COM03BG
    Wow, that's a nice setup for $375

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Mods: /Shogun Sliders/ C. Werkes FE/ ZX6R Mirrors/ Flushmounts/ POW Tank Pad/ PC5/ Driven BO's/ Shorty Levers/ Kuryakyn Throttle Lock - Bar Ends/ AHR - HID/ LEDs-Air Scoop/ T-rex Spools/ Woodcraft Clip-Ons/ Kuryakyn ISO Grips/ Puig Racing Screen/ Ram Mount/ / Stompgrip/ Red Rim Stripes/ Red Spike Bolts/ CF Gas Cap Cover/Billet Alum. Pegs/ MD Integrated Taillight/ Healtech GiPro GI/Airbox Mod/ Short V Stacks/ FZ6 Cams/ Galfer Stainless Braided Brake Lines/ Volar Sintered HH pads/ Ogio tailbag

2013 fZ6R. I just removed the catalytic converter from my stock exhaust. I removed the factory chrome exhaust tip and replaced it with a LeoVince 8240 exhaust tip. The LeoVince tip is longer than stock, puts the exhaust toward the rear of the bike and makes it deeper. I love the sound. It's the best I heard without being too loud on a FZ6R. Total cost $210.00 and my time working on muffler.
    Tom

20150311_090726~2.jpgFew months before I sold the 6R someone in Cali wanted an exhaust but his bike was a daily commuter. So I remove my own exhaust from my bike and ship it to him. Once I got his stock exhaust I didn't have time to mod it. So I did one thing I've been wanted to do for a while. I had a "6R exhaust cutoff breadbox" and I cut off the chrome tip/outlet and fit it to the oem exhaust. Meaning modding the stock exhaust with a dual tip (2 chrome tip outlet). It did sound really good to be honest, kind of low/high pitch sound. It stayed like that until I sold the bike...

Quote Originally Posted by tdnathens View Post
    2013 fZ6R. I just removed the catalytic converter from my stock exhaust. I removed the factory chrome exhaust tip and replaced it with a LeoVince 8240 exhaust tip. The LeoVince tip is longer than stock, puts the exhaust toward the rear of the bike and makes it deeper. I love the sound. It's the best I heard without being too loud on a FZ6R. Total cost $210.00 and my time working on muffler.
    Tom
    Last edited by Marthy; 06-27-2017 at 04:20 AM.

Martin

Life is all about attitude. Be hard on yourself, easy on others.

FZ6R sold...

14. Thanks AL72 thanked for this post

Get the Delkevic Full Exhaust for under $400. I just installed this week, it sound bad ***!! I took the baffle out and it sounds like a moto gp bike!
    Attached Images Attached Images