Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Power Commander newbie

Default Power Commander newbie

So I upgraded to a new two brothers​ exhaust. Got a power Commander FC but my economy is gone to hell. I tried fiddling with the mapping myself but I'm not sure if I'm killing the bike.
    Does anyone know what the best way to map a touring model is? Or what I should be doing to better tune the bike?

Quote Originally Posted by Pgard018 View Post
    So I upgraded to a new two brothers​ exhaust. Got a power Commander FC but my economy is gone to hell. I tried fiddling with the mapping myself but I'm not sure if I'm killing the bike.
    Does anyone know what the best way to map a touring model is? Or what I should be doing to better tune the bike?
    There's a user on here that has maps you can download. The links in his original post are broken bu7t of you go to the last few pages in the thread, some of the users have them saved. If I remember his name ill add it

Oh wait, those maps are for the PCV. My bad. I don't know if they will work for yours though

With an exhaust only mod, you should not need much correction. I expect that no more than +15% in low and mid and +10% in high will do it. It will have some effect on MPG, but it should not be major.
    Now: 2015 FZ6R & 2008 WR250R
    Past: 2009 FZ6R & 2008 CBR1000RR

Quote Originally Posted by BluePill View Post
    With an exhaust only mod, you should not need much correction. I expect that no more than +15% in low and mid and +10% in high will do it. It will have some effect on MPG, but it should not be major.
    I did put a k&n high flow air filter in. I used the standard power Commander map for the two brothers set up and cut the values in half. That seemed to help alot with my mileage however im not sure if that's great for the engine. Thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Pgard018 View Post
    I did put a k&n high flow air filter in. I used the standard power Commander map for the two brothers set up and cut the values in half. That seemed to help alot with my mileage however im not sure if that's great for the engine. Thoughts?
    Does this version of PC retain the O2 sensor?
    08 Raven w/a few mods...
    R6 Forks, R1 Rear Shock (revalved), 6.5 Ignition Advance, S1 CAT free Header, SS Mid-Pipe, 2Bro Exhaust, AIS block off plates, Bazzaz Z-Fi Fuel Controller & Z-AFM Data Logger, Air Box mod, CR10E Plugs, 48-Tooth Rear Sprocket, FZ1 Bars, Spider Grips, Adj levers, Powder Coated -Triple, Bars & Rear Sets, Solid mounted rear-sets w/knurled pegs, Dual Headlight, Tail Tidy, LED Combo Brake & Directionals, LED POD lights & Tinted PUIG Wind Screen!

Yes. It hasn't messed with the stock O2 sensor.