Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Rider and New Member from the Lone start State

Default New Rider and New Member from the Lone start State

Hello guys and gals. I've had dirt bikes for the last two years or so, decided I wanted to move to street riding. I got my license and took the MSF course back in October 2016 and really fell in love with riding. Fast Forward 3 or 4 months and I'm finally in a position where I can afford to buy a bike. So after much research, deciding on a bike multiple times and finding out it had already sold multiple times, I finally came across this beauty 4 hours away. The dealership was closed when I came across the ad so I called them the minute they opened this morning. Talked to the salesman who said it ran and rode fine. Put a deposit on the bike and they are supposed to ship it from Austin to Dallas and have it serviced and ready to go by Tuesday. Due to my schedule, I'll have to wait until Thursday to drive to the dealer, pay for the bike, fill out the paperwork and ride her home. I am beyond excited and cant wait to have this thing in my garage.

So, a little about the bike. It's a blue 2013 with 5800 miles on the odometer. It has a Two Brothers Racing Black series exhaust, a smoked windscreen, flush mount turn signals, grips and bar end weights, frame slider, seat cowl, fender eliminator and an integrated taillight. It has a few scratches on the right side and a small dent in the tank but nothing unsightly.

A few mods I have planned for the future include woodcraft clip ons, new grips, shorty levers, and a rear seat for the girlfriend (later, I want to have quite a bit of experience before taking her for a ride).

So I am looking forward to talking with everyone, learning new things, and enjoying each ride on the bike.

And now for the pictures, the reason everyone clicked on the thread haha!

Rode it home from the dealership today A 45 minute ride home took me 6 hours lol. 90 miles today and I loved every minute of it. I know it's new to me, so my opinion may change, but I love this bike.

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT leprecaun jon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Welcome aboard the form!
    Current bikes: 2012 Ducati Monster 796 ABS, 1970 Honda CL350. Retired:09 Fz6r

Quote Originally Posted by buzzbomb View Post

The philosophy I hold so dear though, took root right here on this forum. In all the posts I read about riders down and the benefits of ATGATT.

Quote Originally Posted by leprecaun jon View Post
    Welcome aboard the form!
    I see you made your way over here. I won't have to past the link to this thread in the"what did you do" thread haha. Appreciate it!

Added some levers today. The blue matches the bike very well. A lot better than I was expecting.

And a random pic I took. I put 225 miles on the bike this weekend

Thumbs up

Enjoy Nothing quite compares with that "new to you" feeling ... we've all been there.

Quote Originally Posted by Fraze View Post
    Enjoy Nothing quite compares with that "new to you" feeling ... we've all been there.
    I hope that "new" feeling sticks around for a while. Loving it so far

Congrats, i just got mine recently too. Where im from its ruude to ask what you paid buy hey thats what the internet is for. Please share if you are willing to say. I would love to know what these are worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Volmark View Post
    Congrats, i just got mine recently too. Where im from its ruude to ask what you paid buy hey thats what the internet is for. Please share if you are willing to say. I would love to know what these are worth.
    Less than five grand out the door, that's all I'll say lol

I installed some zx6r mirrors (actually decent quality mirrors, I expected much worse). Love the look, visibility is only slightly worse, almost negligible. I also replaced the ugly, crooked tank pad with a new one.

Big updates... sorta.

First off, I've owned this bike for exactly one month now. I found out yesterday that the bikes has a PCV. I had no idea, I just walked outside last night and saw the red box lol

I'm going to pick up the stuff I need to add the speed sensor wire so I can download Marthy's most popular map tomorrow. I want to do the block off plates, will removing the AIS cause me to fail an emissions test?

I hit 1,000 miles (personal) on the bike tonight.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast