Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: seat height question

Default seat height question

Hi everyone, just picked up a barely used 2014 FZ6R that is all stock as far as I know. I am 5'10" (thin male runner body) and am surprised that I can barely flat-foot the thing. I've already found the "how to lower" threads for the front (wrench) and rear (link). But does it sound right that at 5'10" the bike is tall for me? I didn't expect the bike to feel this high. Coming from a crazy easy Ninja 250R after a couple years. I don't ride or corner aggressively, so I'd prefer to have more comfortable solid footing at stops. Thanks!

I'm 5'10 and barely flat foot either. I don't have a long inseam though for my height.
    Mods: /Shogun Sliders/ C. Werkes FE/ ZX6R Mirrors/ Flushmounts/ POW Tank Pad/ PC5/ Driven BO's/ Shorty Levers/ Kuryakyn Throttle Lock - Bar Ends/ AHR - HID/ LEDs-Air Scoop/ T-rex Spools/ Woodcraft Clip-Ons/ Kuryakyn ISO Grips/ Puig Racing Screen/ Ram Mount/ / Stompgrip/ Red Rim Stripes/ Red Spike Bolts/ CF Gas Cap Cover/Billet Alum. Pegs/ MD Integrated Taillight/ Healtech GiPro GI/Airbox Mod/ Short V Stacks/ FZ6 Cams/ Galfer Stainless Braided Brake Lines/ Volar Sintered HH pads/ Ogio tailbag

Sport touring Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by xorbe View Post
    Hi everyone, just picked up a barely used 2014 FZ6R that is all stock as far as I know. I am 5'10" (thin male runner body) and am surprised that I can barely flat-foot the thing. I've already found the "how to lower" threads for the front (wrench) and rear (link). But does it sound right that at 5'10" the bike is tall for me? I didn't expect the bike to feel this high. Coming from a crazy easy Ninja 250R after a couple years. I don't ride or corner aggressively, so I'd prefer to have more comfortable solid footing at stops. Thanks!

at 5'7" with a 29-30 " inseam I can flat foot with only one foot... I am beyond tippy toes trying to two foot it..

Strange, I'm 5'10 (1.79 mt) too, and I've even used the seat in the highest position.

Regards!
    2014 FZ6R red/white

MODS:

Motodynamics integrated tail light, Vader led turn signals, Shogun no-cut frame sliders, Yoshimura oil filler cap, LeoVince exhaust tip.

Quote Originally Posted by AL72 View Post
    Strange, I'm 5'10 (1.79 mt) too, and I've even used the seat in the highest position.

Regards!
    Thanks, I will check the seat position. That would be an easy first step.

Best way I have found is at a stop. Have left foot down it will be flat while right foot is on the right peg/rear brake. On mine I'm ok with the way my feet are half way flat with the heels arched up some. That is with the seat position on the low setting.

Try putting the seat position in the lowest setting. Myself I'm 5'7" with a 30" inseam and solved the problem by wearing riding boots with insoles. I can almost flatfoot both feet now. Sometimes the simplest fix is the best. The fat *** gel insoles they sell at the pharmacy are good, but I have custom foam ones from my therapist. Just slip them right in on top of the stock soles in the boots. Remember to buy your boots a half size too big so that they fit comfortably.

I'm about 5' 7" with 30 inch inseam and can almost flat foot it with regular work-style boots on. It doesn't bother me that I can't fully flat foot it. A slight lean one way or another makes that side flat footed, and other than that it's very stable with just the front part of my feet on the ground.

Blog Entries

I am 6'2 and will be removing a lowering link here soon. like this week. I am all sorts of flat footed. if you need. i have. raring toys. with kick stand.

5 6 here and 30 inseam, almost can flat foot.
    Hard to believe some of the heights here and can't flat foot.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast