Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25

Thread: Not yet a FZ6R owner...but

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Baltimore,Md
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Not yet a FZ6R owner...but

    I want one!!!

    Have a few questions that I hope could be answered here...I have been a motorcycle rider for 16 yrs. or so & have had all kinds of bikes(Mostly sport bikes-3 GSXR 600's & a R6 that I loved!) , then I did'nt have a bike for about 4 yrs. till the end of 2012-into 13', I bought a Harley(2006 Street Bob) to see if I like'd it,It was ok-but I guess not really me-so I sold it.
    Long story-short...I have had my eye on the FZ6R for awhile now & want one-I think?lol
    Since Iam now 43 yrs. old & not really into the riding position of the sportbikes anymore-but still like the style. My question is since Iam not a new rider & have had a few bikes over the years...will I get tired of the FZ too quick?
    I only ride to work(20 min. city commute) & take rides with my buddys now & then, no big trips or anything.
    Any input would be appreciated! Thanx

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Baltimore,Md
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Also would like to add...I sat on a left-over 13' at the dealer & really like the seat/handlebar position.
    I can get it for $7100 OTD(not sure if that is a good deal?) , they have it listed for $5699 but then after all their fee's & BS it ends up @ $7100.
    I have been looking on CL & found a few decent priced ones, wondering is there any difference in a 09' to a new one? Does'nt look like much!
    Thanx for any input!

  3. #3
    Super Moderator dart1963's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Bluemont, Virginia
    Posts
    6,074
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    Very beginner friendly bike, stock hp around 65, with mods around 75 on a good day, but linear power, no issues for general street riding or weekend fun trips (short and long).

    If you still want the power of a ss without the bent over riding, any of the FZ bikes will provide that... be sure to check out the FZ9, FZ1, FZ7, FZ8(no longer available new) as well... they are geared more toward experienced riders, but most of them are naked, would have to add aftermarket fairings.

    away from Yami, lots of riders love the z1000 as well.

    Good luck and hope you find something soon!
    _________________________________________

    Don | "Deer suck! Back on two's next year!"


  4. #4
    Super Moderator dart1963's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Bluemont, Virginia
    Posts
    6,074
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BIG GREEN View Post
    Also would like to add...I sat on a left-over 13' at the dealer & really like the seat/handlebar position.
    I can get it for $7100 OTD(not sure if that is a good deal?) , they have it listed for $5699 but then after all their fee's & BS it ends up @ $7100.
    I have been looking on CL & found a few decent priced ones, wondering is there any difference in a 09' to a new one? Does'nt look like much!
    Thanx for any input!

    no changes other than paint and the rear grab bar over the years... We have a member selling one with low miles and lots of mods: http://www.600cc.org/forum/f34/fs-20...ro-area-31351/

    right in your area.
    _________________________________________

    Don | "Deer suck! Back on two's next year!"


  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Baltimore,Md
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dart1963 View Post
    Very beginner friendly bike, stock hp around 65, with mods around 75 on a good day, but linear power, no issues for general street riding or weekend fun trips (short and long).

    If you still want the power of a ss without the bent over riding, any of the FZ bikes will provide that... be sure to check out the FZ9, FZ1, FZ7, FZ8(no longer available new) as well... they are geared more toward experienced riders, but most of them are naked, would have to add aftermarket fairings.

    away from Yami, lots of riders love the z1000 as well.

    Good luck and hope you find something soon!
    Yeah I was checking out the FZ9 , as far as me...Im just not into the naked bikes-If it is a "sportbike" style bike- I like it to have fairings.

    Iam thinking of buying one off of CL cheaper, just incase I get tired of it & want to sell it quicker/easier.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    SLC, UT
    Posts
    29
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Well I ain't the best for specifics vs other years... However I will give you my personal opinion... I have had cruisers, sport bikes, and now for last 3 years have kept my FZ6R ... I have not kept ANY of my previous bikes solely because I found issues with each type I didn't want.
    I have stuck with my FZ6R because it has a sexy sportbike look, with the closer to cruiser seat feel, and still keeps the sportbike like performance with the quick starts vs slower starts with cruisers.
    I currently 3 years later, feel the need to gain more power... I thought about selling it then buying a liter bike or something of that but I kept it and now I am gaining those extra horses I want with the bike I want.

    All n all why I love the FZ6r is due to its beautiful looks, how comfortable it is to sit on ( I have done over 12 hour day trips on my stock seat, not comfortable for THAT long so I suggest purchasing a new thicker wider cushion seat if you do long trips like me) Its comfortable for my back ( I have realllllly bad back issues) any other sport like bike has made my back worse, this one doesn't hurt it at all. The light weight that I can practically throw it into corners, and the friendliness of the community. I know that last one may not sound like a huge deal to most, however my time on here and our facebook groups I have notice its pretty rare to get a arrogant *** hole that knows "everything about everything" and you are just a "idiotic noob" in this community.

    As far as pricing goes, that looks like a good price too me! I paid WAYYY more back in 2011.
    hmm I think I covered my input. Hope it helps toward a future FZ6R owner... however there are a lot of good people on here selling their used bikes... prolly get a better deal then buying new!

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Baltimore,Md
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dart1963 View Post
    no changes other than paint and the rear grab bar over the years... We have a member selling one with low miles and lots of mods: http://www.600cc.org/forum/f34/fs-20...ro-area-31351/

    right in your area.

    Damn! Thats a nice bike-but I dont really like the white, I was wanting either a blue or black one.

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Baltimore,Md
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Therzdae View Post
    Well I ain't the best for specifics vs other years... However I will give you my personal opinion... I have had cruisers, sport bikes, and now for last 3 years have kept my FZ6R ... I have not kept ANY of my previous bikes solely because I found issues with each type I didn't want.
    I have stuck with my FZ6R because it has a sexy sportbike look, with the closer to cruiser seat feel, and still keeps the sportbike like performance with the quick starts vs slower starts with cruisers.
    I currently 3 years later, feel the need to gain more power... I thought about selling it then buying a liter bike or something of that but I kept it and now I am gaining those extra horses I want with the bike I want.

    All n all why I love the FZ6r is due to its beautiful looks, how comfortable it is to sit on ( I have done over 12 hour day trips on my stock seat, not comfortable for THAT long so I suggest purchasing a new thicker wider cushion seat if you do long trips like me) Its comfortable for my back ( I have realllllly bad back issues) any other sport like bike has made my back worse, this one doesn't hurt it at all. The light weight that I can practically throw it into corners, and the friendliness of the community. I know that last one may not sound like a huge deal to most, however my time on here and our facebook groups I have notice its pretty rare to get a arrogant *** hole that knows "everything about everything" and you are just a "idiotic noob" in this community.

    As far as pricing goes, that looks like a good price too me! I paid WAYYY more back in 2011.
    hmm I think I covered my input. Hope it helps toward a future FZ6R owner... however there are a lot of good people on here selling their used bikes... prolly get a better deal then buying new!
    Thanks for the input...kinda of interesting how you have had all kinds of bikes like I have-but have stuck with the FZ.

  9. #9
    Super Moderator dart1963's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Bluemont, Virginia
    Posts
    6,074
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BIG GREEN View Post
    Thanks for the input...kinda of interesting how you have had all kinds of bikes like I have-but have stuck with the FZ.
    If it helps, this is my first and only bike... going on five years and almost 60K miles.... there are a few of us here with those long term numbers and yeah, even some who have moved on to other bikes hang around this forum, just that laid back.

    I have looked over the years at "upgraded" bikes, but, I just don't need any more speed... I know some members do, and have bought this and traded within months, so always point out the other FZ line of bikes as options.
    _________________________________________

    Don | "Deer suck! Back on two's next year!"


  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Baltimore,Md
    Posts
    9
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dart1963 View Post
    If it helps, this is my first and only bike... going on five years and almost 60K miles.... there are a few of us here with those long term numbers and yeah, even some who have moved on to other bikes hang around this forum, just that laid back.

    I have looked over the years at "upgraded" bikes, but, I just don't need any more speed... I know some members do, and have bought this and traded within months, so always point out the other FZ line of bikes as options.

    WoW...60K miles! You da' man!

    Im with you on the "no need for anymore speed" thing-been there/done that!
    I just enjoy riding anymore these days-thats why I think of another Harley-but the one's I like-I cant afford! I like 1200 sportsters,but not sure on them.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Another new FZ6R owner!
    By tkrechel in forum FZ6R General Discussion
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 06-24-2012, 06:16 PM
  2. New FZ6R owner in RI
    By em21701 in forum Main Lobby / New Member Section
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 04-19-2011, 01:10 PM
  3. New FZ6R Owner
    By Hoops 09Raven in forum Main Lobby / New Member Section
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 03-31-2011, 02:41 PM
  4. Now a new FZ6R Owner
    By PF2411 in forum Main Lobby / New Member Section
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-10-2011, 03:33 PM
  5. New FZ6R owner......
    By fuzzylogic in forum FZ6R General Discussion
    Replies: 97
    Last Post: 02-23-2009, 01:49 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •