Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Not yet a FZ6R owner...but

See if you can find a FZ1 with the full fairings. They're a similar seating position, but gobs more power with better suspension to boot. Even if you can't find one with the full fairings, they have aftermarket lower fairings you can add to certain years. For more details, try their forum. Many of our members here are members of one of the main FZ1 forums as well.

----------------------------------------------------------
    Givi hard luggage & racks for sale here

Quote Originally Posted by Nastybutler View Post
    See if you can find a FZ1 with the full fairings. They're a similar seating position, but gobs more power with better suspension to boot. Even if you can't find one with the full fairings, they have aftermarket lower fairings you can add to certain years. For more details, try their forum. Many of our members here are members of one of the main FZ1 forums as well.

Yeah I hear ya...but like I said i dont really have that need for speed anymore- so dont really need a 1K. Think Im gonna check in with the local dealers & see if they have any of those of events where you can try out different bikes & make a decision from there.
    Thanks

The 6R is a great Jack of all trade. Not excellent at anything but great do it all bike. I moved up to a FZ09 (most badass one of course) lol but I kept my 6R as a commuter with full luggage system. The Yellow ones were the fastest... they don't make 6R like that anymore.

46K miles here and still rocking!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Martin

Life is all about attitude. Be hard on yourself, easy on others.

FZ6R sold...

Quote Originally Posted by BIG GREEN View Post
    Yeah I hear ya...but like I said i dont really have that need for speed anymore- so dont really need a 1K. Think Im gonna check in with the local dealers & see if they have any of those of events where you can try out different bikes & make a decision from there.
    Thanks
    It's not necessarily about speed, but since you're concerned with the 6R's power, and are used to bikes with considerably more HP than the 6R, the FZ1 is a good option. Plus it can cruise at lower RPM's on the highway, and requires fewer gear changes. Not that the 6R can't handle highways, but I ended up putting a +1 tooth front sprocket on it to help lower the RPMs in 6th gear, which of course sacrifices some acceleration in 1st gear.

----------------------------------------------------------
    Givi hard luggage & racks for sale here

Seams like dart has covered all of your questions. its just a great all around bike. although coming from SS you may be missing a little bit of power
    FAB 5 President

-----------------------------------------

http://www.youtube.com/user/JT2012FZ6R

Quote Originally Posted by JT View Post
    Seams like dart has covered all of your questions. its just a great all around bike. although coming from SS you may be missing a little bit of power

Yes & the others input as well...been emailing back & forth about a blue one I found on CL.
    If i get it for the right price & ride it for awhile/do some small mods to it & end up keeping it or selling it after a year or so...it will be a win-win either way!
    I'd like to get the left over 13' at the dealer-but I just hate all those fee's they have.

Yes & the others input as well...been emailing back & forth about a blue one I found on CL.
    If i get it for the right price & ride it for awhile/do some small mods to it & end up keeping it or selling it after a year or so...it will be a win-win either way!
    I'd like to get the left over 13' at the dealer-but I just hate all those fee's they have.

definitely tons of fees and value drop as you drive (in this case ride) off the lot. I bought my 2012 new and paid about 8,500 I added frame sliders and some gear to it but if you are going to keep for a year and possibly sell it may be best financially to go with the used 6r
    FAB 5 President

Quote Originally Posted by dart1963 View Post
    no changes other than paint and the rear grab bar over the years... We have a member selling one with low miles and lots of mods: http://www.600cc.org/forum/f34/fs-20...ro-area-31351/

right in your area.

wow with those upgrades that's a steal
    FAB 5 President

Also would like to add...I sat on a left-over 13' at the dealer & really like the seat/handlebar position.
    I can get it for $7100 OTD(not sure if that is a good deal?) , they have it listed for $5699 but then after all their fee's & BS it ends up @ $7100.
    That sounds like Pete's Cycle. I've never had a good experience with Pete's or their misleading pricing. If you don't mind going out of your way, Fredericktown Yahama have always treated me well and worked with me on price. I've bought two bikes from them.

Quote Originally Posted by krytenx View Post
    That sounds like Pete's Cycle. I've never had a good experience with Pete's or their misleading pricing. If you don't mind going out of your way, Fredericktown Yahama have always treated me well and worked with me on price. I've bought two bikes from them.

Yup that Pete's!lol

Im going to check out a real clean blue 09' with 3600 miles tomorrow for $4K cash.Guess I'll see how it goes...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast