Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Florida: places to ride to.

Default Florida: places to ride to.

So I was thinking the other night there really isn't any threads many places that give good ideas of places to ride for most states. Might be a good thing to start up...

So I'll start off with this post and add to it as I find places to add and as I ride around and come across nice places to check out.

Southwest Florida:

Arcadia, Morgan park
    https://plus.google.com/102568166923...ut?gl=us&hl=en

The better area of this park is to go in on the more western entrance along 70, American Legion Dr. The park has a lot of great areas to relax in but the western entrance has a lot of big oak trees that cover the area and you can park up underneath them and get your bbq on. Also a number of good fishing spots as well.

Sarasota, Myakka River State Park
    https://plus.google.com/113791521507...ut?gl=us&hl=en

Another great park to go to, they offer camping and good tree coverage as well.
    Last edited by BoneJj; 10-29-2013 at 11:43 AM.
    - Jeff
    FloridaStreetScene.com
    Prior Bikes: 85 magna 500,92 cbr600, 06 Vulcan 900
    Current bike: 2012 Kawasaki ninja 1000 | Current Car: 2010 Subaru WRX | Bell RS-1

Quote Originally Posted by BoneJj View Post
    So I was thinking the other night there really isn't any threads many places that give good ideas of places to ride for most states. Might be a good thing to start up...

So I'll start off with this post and add to it as I find places to add and as I ride around and come across nice places to check out.

Southwest Florida:

Arcadia, Morgan park

The better area of this park is to go in on the more western entrance along 70, American Legion Dr. The park has a lot of great areas to relax in but the western entrance has a lot of big oak trees that cover the area and you can park up underneath them and get your bbq on. Also a number of good fishing spots as well.

Florida has no hill over 5 feet tall, makes for not a good area for the twisties however at least you can ride all year round. here is a site that does CA motorcycle roads, im sure you must have something similar. I know there is a map set called butler maps they have for each state and or region. google them.

California Motorcycle Roads & Tours - 400 Best Rides & Maps, 3000+ Pics
    Tony

2012 Yamaha FZ6R White. 2" Handle bar risers with pivot - Yamaha bubble windshield. - T-Rex frame sliders - Flush mount turn signals - LED Strip Turn Signals- Red Bar Ends, Red Levers, Red LED rear signals. Custom Seat

Rock store photos

http://shop.rockstorephotos.com/mddR...7nuZOBUw==.fav

Quote Originally Posted by latony007 View Post
    florida has no hill over 5 feet tall, makes for not a good area for the twisties however at least you can ride all year round. Here is a site that does ca motorcycle roads, im sure you must have something similar. I know there is a map set called butler maps they have for each state and or region. Google them.

california motorcycle roads & tours - 400 best rides & maps, 3000+ pics

thanks latony for that link
    FAB 5 President

-----------------------------------------

http://www.youtube.com/user/JT2012FZ6R

Quote Originally Posted by latony007 View Post
    Florida has no hill over 5 feet tall, makes for not a good area for the twisties however at least you can ride all year round. here is a site that does CA motorcycle roads, im sure you must have something similar. I know there is a map set called butler maps they have for each state and or region. google them.

California Motorcycle Roads & Tours - 400 Best Rides & Maps, 3000+ Pics
    Northern Florida is actually quite contrary to that statement. Once you get above Orlando the nature of the terrain changes drastically and you get twisty roads more and more as you get toward northern Florida. Regardless, this thread will be a good thread for posting places that we like to ride to down here so that others can find them and enjoy them.
    - Jeff
    FloridaStreetScene.com
    Prior Bikes: 85 magna 500,92 cbr600, 06 Vulcan 900
    Current bike: 2012 Kawasaki ninja 1000 | Current Car: 2010 Subaru WRX | Bell RS-1

That's actually cool. I was looking for a place to go ride the new girl for a day or two. Getting a bit cold to ride the BRP right now... or hit or miss thing.

Martin

Life is all about attitude. Be hard on yourself, easy on others.

FZ6R sold...

Northern Florida is actually quite contrary to that statement. Once you get above Orlando the nature of the terrain changes drastically and you get twisty roads more and more as you get toward northern Florida. Regardless, this thread will be a good thread for posting places that we like to ride to down here so that others can find them and enjoy them.
    That is cool. I have only been to southern FL from Ft. Lauderdale drove down to key largo and key west. great diving. Here is another site I use and it appears they have all states. Here is florida.

Florida Motorcycle Roads & Rides - Best Florida motorcycle routes for planning great Florida motorcycle trips | Motorcycle Roads and Rides | MotorcycleRoads.com
    Tony

2012 Yamaha FZ6R White. 2" Handle bar risers with pivot - Yamaha bubble windshield. - T-Rex frame sliders - Flush mount turn signals - LED Strip Turn Signals- Red Bar Ends, Red Levers, Red LED rear signals. Custom Seat

Rock store photos

http://shop.rockstorephotos.com/mddR...7nuZOBUw==.fav

Sport touring Member
    Blog Entries

Southwest Florida:

Arcadia, Morgan park

this is a good website that I use often.

Motorcycle Roads | Motorcycle Roads and Rides | MotorcycleRoads.com

SR435
    Emerald island road

A few others.
    Always vote for principle, though you may vote alone, and you may cherish the sweetest reflection that your vote is never lost." John Quincy Adams

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."
    Thomas Jefferson

In a van, somewhere in the SE United States

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast