Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dobeck Performance/EJK

Default Dobeck Performance/EJK

I've been using a Dobeck Performance generation 3.0 Electronic Jet Kit.The more I use it the more I like it and I'm already pretty thrilled with the device.
    Comparing the EJK Controller to Competitor EFI Controllers

I mainly just added fuel, I didn't really need to adjust the switchpoints much.My engine quietly gurgles on decel through most of the rpm.Now that my fuel is adequate, the only popping occurs right at the switchpoint between cruise and accel (on decel).But I should have that eliminated on my next ride by lowering the switchpoint for acceleration mode.

At first, I mounted it under my seat (mistake on my part).If you mount it near the bars, besides from the accessibility, you can use the led's not just as a tuning aid, but to help increase fuel mileage as well.

Instead of needing a sport and touring map, i've basically made a sport style map.When I go on long trips and want better mileage I can see the led lights out of my peripheral vision.If your doing a roll on to pass a car for example, you can back off of the throttle when the lights change from green to yellow to save fuel.

We get a $25 forum discount on these at $225 shipped (for US residents) and we can get a even larger discount if we organise a 10 unit group buy.But I do know that they are working with a xj6.So i'll post more info for our family members overseas when it becomes available.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zExS3eUI1c]Electronic Jet Kit uses Load Based Technology - YouTube[/ame]
    Gen 3 EJK fuel controller, R6 headers, Volcano Flame Outlet can, K&N air filter, heated Spider Grips, Motodynamic smoked tail light, Motodynamic flush mounts, turn signals in scoops, LuiMoto seat cover with a gelpad and rebond as replacment foam, million color led kit, custom Yamaha Raised Bubble windscreen, Shinko Raven touring tires, Nelson Rigg rear luggage with a Motocentric tank bag with power inside, a Pyle amp and Kicker speakers

What kind of MPG are you getting with this?
    -2009 Cadmium Yellow FZ6R 4-25-2012 - 8-28-2013 "Sasha" - sold
    -2006 K6 Pearl Flash Yellow / Space Black GSXR 750 - 9-14-2013-? "Tanya" - totaled 9/10/2016 - Now a Track bike
    -2009 CBR1000RR Pearl Yellow / Graphite Black
    10/3/2016-?

Quote Originally Posted by nismos14 View Post
    What kind of MPG are you getting with this?
    That depends on how you ride mainly.I'm a big guy, so Its hard for me to get good mileage without tucking in.But the led display is probably giving me enough added input when I cruise to make almost a equal impact as tucking in.If I tuck in and stay in the green zone, I get better mileage than ever.But if I ignore either then I kill my mileage.

Its hard to explain, but throughout the gears, in every gear, it shows you what your fuel map is needing to accelerate with the load you have.For example on 6th gear uphills, you twist the throttle to compensate for load, a extra green led might signal, or if the hill is steep enough you might need to kick into the yellow mode to accelerate roll on style.On the same hill, if you downshift to 5th, the load will decrease and you won't leave cruise mode.

So on top of being able to change your map as desired, it will actually show you when your wasting fuel and need to shift when mileage is a concern.I am really suprised at how high you can keep the rpm and still cruise on the 6r.
    Gen 3 EJK fuel controller, R6 headers, Volcano Flame Outlet can, K&N air filter, heated Spider Grips, Motodynamic smoked tail light, Motodynamic flush mounts, turn signals in scoops, LuiMoto seat cover with a gelpad and rebond as replacment foam, million color led kit, custom Yamaha Raised Bubble windscreen, Shinko Raven touring tires, Nelson Rigg rear luggage with a Motocentric tank bag with power inside, a Pyle amp and Kicker speakers

Talking about some real tuning like this! Autotune and data logger on the LCD-200. That's a rough of the tune for the FZ8 with the Marthy Exhaust. TPS and Pressure map base. You'll dig that thing...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Martin

Life is all about attitude. Be hard on yourself, easy on others.

FZ6R sold...

Hmm well have you calculates it?
    -2006 K6 Pearl Flash Yellow / Space Black GSXR 750 - 9-14-2013-? "Tanya" - totaled 9/10/2016 - Now a Track bike
    10/3/2016-?

Hmm well have you calculates it?
    You can access the oem fuel levels, on top of gaining an aid that shows you when the ecu is cruising.So just think of it as gaining control over your fuel map, instead of it ruining mileage like an increase in jet size would on a carburated machine.

Even tuned towards a sporty preference.All you have to do is quit twisting the throttle as much to increase mileage.It 100% depends on your riding style and setting preferences.

If you enjoy tracking mileage then you would fall in love simply because you gain added control.

Its a win win situation.You can tune it to cruise, accelerate, or even accelerate while you cruise

COol, thanks for the info. I'm assuming you have seen some MPG gains? I'm just waiting some hard numbers even if you went from 33 to 35 or something lol
    10/3/2016-?

Very interesting this is something I will keep in mind for down later on. I probably won't get an aftermarket exhaust until then.
    Kinda wonder if it will help stock systems.

COol, thanks for the info. I'm assuming you have seen some MPG gains? I'm just waiting some hard numbers even if you went from 33 to 35 or something lol
    I'll try to get actual numbers for you.I just hate to give guesstimates.Up until recently i've been making multiple changes per tank, so it would have been pointless to track it then.

Quote Originally Posted by EsrTek View Post
    Very interesting this is something I will keep in mind for down later on. I probably won't get an aftermarket exhaust until then.
    Kinda wonder if it will help stock systems.
    I doubt that it would actually help a stock bike much.You might be able to keep your eye on the led display to help stay in your cruise range more often and slightly increase mileage.

But the stock exhaust probably wouldn't be able to flow much more.You might be able to add a tiny bit of fuel to the cruise range to lose some of the lugging feel in the lower rpm, but don't take my word for it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast