Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dobeck Performance/EJK

So I just got off the phone.A guy from Dobeck Performance called me for feedback.Great company, I can't recommend them enough..

I'm using the 3.0 unit right now.I mentioned my interest in Marthy's cam mod and asked if they felt that the 3.0 EJK could handle it.They have a feature called PowerLab, I can actually use a computer to customize my map beyond the "on the fly" adjustability if I need to.They just won't create an account for everyone because you can trash the engine if you adjust some of the hidden settings the wrong way.So i'm thinking I found my winter project.

They are going to send me a digital brochure.They have a new unit the 4.0.It has an autotune feature and should show the A/F mixture.I can't remember the exact price.Its around $325 if I remember correctly, but don't quote me because he mentioned a forum discount and I was in LALA land thinking about Marthy cam's.But to use the autotune, you'll need to have a O2 bung welded into the exhaust.

He mentioned how the EJK can sense load (without installing a speed wire).I told him that i've been using mine as a fuel saving aid and he mentioned that I might even be able to notice headwinds.

I asked for testimonial's as well.He mentioned a Dobeck air fuel tool being a rage in the pits at a recent race.I'll post all the info they send us.
    Gen 3 EJK fuel controller, R6 headers, Volcano Flame Outlet can, K&N air filter, heated Spider Grips, Motodynamic smoked tail light, Motodynamic flush mounts, turn signals in scoops, LuiMoto seat cover with a gelpad and rebond as replacment foam, million color led kit, custom Yamaha Raised Bubble windscreen, Shinko Raven touring tires, Nelson Rigg rear luggage with a Motocentric tank bag with power inside, a Pyle amp and Kicker speakers

Quote Originally Posted by bleedinblue View Post
    So I just got off the phone.A guy from Dobeck Performance called me for feedback.Great company, I can't recommend them enough..

I'm using the 3.0 unit right now.I mentioned my interest in Marthy's cam mod and asked if they felt that the 3.0 EJK could handle it.They have a feature called PowerLab, I can actually use a computer to customize my map beyond the "on the fly" adjustability if I need to.They just won't create an account for everyone because you can trash the engine if you adjust some of the hidden settings the wrong way.So i'm thinking I found my winter project.

They are going to send me a digital brochure.They have a new unit the 4.0.It has an autotune feature and should show the A/F mixture.I can't remember the exact price.Its around $325 if I remember correctly, but don't quote me because he mentioned a forum discount and I was in LALA land thinking about Marthy cam's.But to use the autotune, you'll need to have a O2 bung welded into the exhaust.

He mentioned how the EJK can sense load (without installing a speed wire).I told him that i've been using mine as a fuel saving aid and he mentioned that I might even be able to notice headwinds.

I asked for testimonial's as well.He mentioned a Dobeck air fuel tool being a rage in the pits at a recent race.I'll post all the info they send us.

Sounds like that guy is all over it! and I would also love to do Marthys cam mods at some point
    FAB 5 President

-----------------------------------------

http://www.youtube.com/user/JT2012FZ6R

Seems pretty cool, and very versatile. I already have a PCV though and may go the Marthy route and add the monitor.
    Mods: /Shogun Sliders/ C. Werkes FE/ ZX6R Mirrors/ Flushmounts/ POW Tank Pad/ PC5/ Driven BO's/ Shorty Levers/ Kuryakyn Throttle Lock - Bar Ends/ AHR - HID/ LEDs-Air Scoop/ T-rex Spools/ Woodcraft Clip-Ons/ Kuryakyn ISO Grips/ Puig Racing Screen/ Ram Mount/ / Stompgrip/ Red Rim Stripes/ Red Spike Bolts/ CF Gas Cap Cover/Billet Alum. Pegs/ MD Integrated Taillight/ Healtech GiPro GI/Airbox Mod/ Short V Stacks/ FZ6 Cams/ Galfer Stainless Braided Brake Lines/ Volar Sintered HH pads/ Ogio tailbag

Quote Originally Posted by Scott_Thomas View Post
    Seems pretty cool, and very versatile. I already have a PCV though and may go the Marthy route and add the monitor.
    Keep them in mind for future projects and friends.They have multiple products now.If you ever get a quad or something, i'm sure they would still give you our discount for other items they have.

Heres results from the Mud Nationals.
    EFI - Electronic Fuel Injection Controllers - ATVs, UTVs, Motorcycles, Snowmobiles, Scooters, Sport Bikes, Watercraft

Here is a digital brochure.
    EFI - Electronic Fuel Injection Controllers - ATVs, UTVs, Motorcycles, Snowmobiles, Scooters, Sport Bikes, Watercraft
    Gen 3 EJK fuel controller, R6 headers, Volcano Flame Outlet can, K&N air filter, heated Spider Grips, Motodynamic smoked tail light, Motodynamic flush mounts, turn signals in scoops, LuiMoto seat cover with a gelpad and rebond as replacment foam, million color led kit, custom Yamaha Raised Bubble windscreen, Shinko Raven touring tires, Nelson Rigg rear luggage with a Motocentric tank bag with power inside, a Pyle amp and Kicker speakers

Quote Originally Posted by bleedinblue View Post
    Keep them in mind for future projects and friends.They have multiple products now.If you ever get a quad or something, i'm sure they would still give you our discount for other items they have.

Heres results from the Mud Nationals.

Here is a digital brochure.

Thanks, I will definitely keep them in mind.
    Mods: /Shogun Sliders/ C. Werkes FE/ ZX6R Mirrors/ Flushmounts/ POW Tank Pad/ PC5/ Driven BO's/ Shorty Levers/ Kuryakyn Throttle Lock - Bar Ends/ AHR - HID/ LEDs-Air Scoop/ T-rex Spools/ Woodcraft Clip-Ons/ Kuryakyn ISO Grips/ Puig Racing Screen/ Ram Mount/ / Stompgrip/ Red Rim Stripes/ Red Spike Bolts/ CF Gas Cap Cover/Billet Alum. Pegs/ MD Integrated Taillight/ Healtech GiPro GI/Airbox Mod/ Short V Stacks/ FZ6 Cams/ Galfer Stainless Braided Brake Lines/ Volar Sintered HH pads/ Ogio tailbag

Kind of like this product. The more I read about it the more I like it. Maybe it would be nice to try to work something out with those guys that can match my maps then sell it as an option with the Marthy Exhaust.

Martin

Life is all about attitude. Be hard on yourself, easy on others.

FZ6R sold...

Quote Originally Posted by Marthy View Post
    Kind of like this product. The more I read about it the more I like it. Maybe it would be nice to try to work something out with those guys that can match my maps then sell it as an option with the Marthy Exhaust.
    It would help bring the overall price down for Marthy Complete Packages.You should already have Patricks e-mail adress.Hes friendly, feel free to e-mail him.

I already sent him a e-mail telling him you have interest and questions.He will put you in contact with a tech guy.

I'd ask about the generation 3.5 or 4.0 for your purposes.You'd be able to use a flashcard to download your maps before you ship.Or people can do it from home

Is this one of the installations that require connecting to the fuel injectors?
    Or does it connect to a single harness?
    If it connects to the injectors, how hard is it to get to them?

I just e-mailed them asking about the discount.
    Looking forward to this mod...
    Analog man lost in a Digital world

kind of forgot about those guys... they never contact me back. Theres no PCV available for the FZ09 yet... I'll see how it goes first on the dyno.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Martin

Life is all about attitude. Be hard on yourself, easy on others.

FZ6R sold...

Sorry guys, i'm still alive and ticking.I've just been busy lately.

Yes it just plugs in, you basically unplug a harness then plug the harness into the EJK, + a ground wire you connect to any small grounded bolt.

@ Marthy, congrats on the new ride, im jealous lol and happy for you dude.I talked to Patrick right before the Indy MotoGP.He said they were extremely busy at the shop and mentioned looking for a few off road racers to sponsor.I haven't heard back sense, I better send him a email and make sure hes alright, he rides to.But he goes in the field alot and I think its SCORE off road season.

If I don't hear back, I have a few other contacts there I can email.I'll let you know if I hear anything.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast