Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shogun frame sliders install

Default Shogun frame sliders install

I am installing my frame sliders tonight and I'm just curious on one thing. I bought some blue thread lock and need to know, 1 is it the right kind or should I have got red and 2 does it go on the engine bolts or only the bolts for the puck or both? Thanks a ton in advance!

Default Re: Shogun frame sliders install

Quote Originally Posted by tkrechel View Post
    I am installing my frame sliders tonight and I'm just curious on one thing. I bought some blue thread lock and need to know, 1 is it the right kind or should I have got red and 2 does it go on the engine bolts or only the bolts for the puck or both? Thanks a ton in advance!
    I don't think you have to, but if you do I think blue is what you need. I think the red is stronger. I don't have loctite on mine and they haven't come loose. Just checked them while I had my bike apart and they're tight.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2
    Mods: /Shogun Sliders/ C. Werkes FE/ ZX6R Mirrors/ Flushmounts/ POW Tank Pad/ PC5/ Driven BO's/ Shorty Levers/ Kuryakyn Throttle Lock - Bar Ends/ AHR - HID/ LEDs-Air Scoop/ T-rex Spools/ Woodcraft Clip-Ons/ Kuryakyn ISO Grips/ Puig Racing Screen/ Ram Mount/ / Stompgrip/ Red Rim Stripes/ Red Spike Bolts/ CF Gas Cap Cover/Billet Alum. Pegs/ MD Integrated Taillight/ Healtech GiPro GI/Airbox Mod/ Short V Stacks/ FZ6 Cams/ Galfer Stainless Braided Brake Lines/ Volar Sintered HH pads/ Ogio tailbag

Ok thanks for the info!

Ok thanks for the info!
    You probably know this, but DO NOT TAKE OUT BOTH ENGINE BOLTS AT THE SAME TIME! Sorry for the caps, but if you take out both sides there goes your engine support. Not everyone has common sense. Other than that the shoguns are super easy. Any questions, feel free to ask. Shoguns were my first mod.
    Mods: /Shogun Sliders/ C. Werkes FE/ ZX6R Mirrors/ Flushmounts/ POW Tank Pad/ PC5/ Driven BO's/ Shorty Levers/ Kuryakyn Throttle Lock - Bar Ends/ AHR - HID/ LEDs-Air Scoop/ T-rex Spools/ Woodcraft Clip-Ons/ Kuryakyn ISO Grips/ Puig Racing Screen/ Ram Mount/ / Stompgrip/ Red Rim Stripes/ Red Spike Bolts/ CF Gas Cap Cover/Billet Alum. Pegs/ MD Integrated Taillight/ Healtech GiPro GI/Airbox Mod/ Short V Stacks/ FZ6 Cams/ Galfer Stainless Braided Brake Lines/ Volar Sintered HH pads/ Ogio tailbag

The ones I have only have one hole for the spacer. I'm guessing they only use one engine bolt

Blog Entries

I would suggest NOT using lock tight. Mainly because if you ever wanted to take those bolts out it would be difficult to break the seal without using a torch. You may need to take them out eventually if you drop the bike and they need repair or engine repairs, ect.

PS: I used the same frame sliders, They never came loose..
    Rear Wheel Horsepower = 187.3

Lbs of Torque = 110.7

Top Recorded Speed = 200.4 M.P.H.

Mods: Two Brother's Exhaust, Chrome Wheels, Galfer Steel Braided Brake lines, Flashed & De-Restricted ECU

Tires: Dunlop Q2's Oil: Synthetic

Achievements: Tail of the Dragon Slayer, Track Day Survivor & Official member of the 200MPH Club.

Bike Visits: IN, OH, IL, KY, TN, NC, GA

Ok I won't use it. Thanks for the heads up

The ones I have only have one hole for the spacer. I'm guessing they only use one engine bolt

Yup, but some people have pulled both bolts (both sides of the bike). Thinking that they'd pull both instead of pulling one, putting slider on, pulling other one, putting slider on.

Did yours only have one hole for the engine bolt per side?

Ahh I see what you mean Scott. Yeah wouldn't do that hehe

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast