Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Woodcraft Clip-Ons

Would i be safe to use 41MM woodcraft handlbars with 1.5" risers and not run into any problems that cant be easily fixed?

Quote Originally Posted by BranWonder View Post
    Would i be safe to use 41MM woodcraft handlbars with 1.5" risers and not run into any problems that cant be easily fixed?
    Absolutely, you just have to make sure to position controls to clear all obstacles before committing to final location. Mine clears the tank lock to lock and the mirror base. Lowering the forks IMO makes handling better. I've had mine modded this way for 2 or 3 years and have had zero issues. Just have to make sure they are both set to exactly the same height to avoid any issues. It's not really hard at all, just time consuming to make sure everything is perfect.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Mods: /Shogun Sliders/ C. Werkes FE/ ZX6R Mirrors/ Flushmounts/ POW Tank Pad/ PC5/ Driven BO's/ Shorty Levers/ Kuryakyn Throttle Lock - Bar Ends/ AHR - HID/ LEDs-Air Scoop/ T-rex Spools/ Woodcraft Clip-Ons/ Kuryakyn ISO Grips/ Puig Racing Screen/ Ram Mount/ / Stompgrip/ Red Rim Stripes/ Red Spike Bolts/ CF Gas Cap Cover/Billet Alum. Pegs/ MD Integrated Taillight/ Healtech GiPro GI/Airbox Mod/ Short V Stacks/ FZ6 Cams/ Galfer Stainless Braided Brake Lines/ Volar Sintered HH pads/ Ogio tailbag

Quote Originally Posted by Scott_Thomas View Post
    I have actually turned mine a bit on my stock bar because I moved it to the forward position and rotated them back.
    Hey Scott,

How did you like your stock bars in the forward position, and how did it affect your body positioning/ handling?

Also, how did the forward bar position compare to the clipons in terms of handling?

Thanks in advance!

|Rizoma| |TBR| |ASV| |Zero Gravity| |Morimoto|
    |PCV| |Motodynamic| |CustomLED Strobe|

Default Spongy-ness

So a buddy and I finally got the woodcraft handlebars installed on my FZ6R. Took about 3 hours to install(along with making minor adjustments and testing riding to make more minor adjustments). And i absolutely love the look and feel of the handlebars when riding. One concern i have though. Installing the handlebars, caused me lower the bike 1.5 inches. Now when i ride through dips in the road, i can feel a spongy feeling in the forks. And im wondering how could i get ride of that soft spongy feeling?

So a buddy and I finally got the woodcraft handlebars installed on my FZ6R. Took about 3 hours to install(along with making minor adjustments and testing riding to make more minor adjustments). And i absolutely love the look and feel of the handlebars when riding. One concern i have though. Installing the handlebars, caused me lower the bike 1.5 inches. Now when i ride through dips in the road, i can feel a spongy feeling in the forks. And im wondering how could i get ride of that soft spongy feeling?
    I've had woodcraft clip-ons for 3 or so years and don't think my front end feels spongy. How much do you weigh and how many miles on your bike? If you dropped one fork even slightly lower then the other it can and will affect performance making it unstable. You could always upgrade the fork springs and go to a heavier weight fork oil.
    Mods: /Shogun Sliders/ C. Werkes FE/ ZX6R Mirrors/ Flushmounts/ POW Tank Pad/ PC5/ Driven BO's/ Shorty Levers/ Kuryakyn Throttle Lock - Bar Ends/ AHR - HID/ LEDs-Air Scoop/ T-rex Spools/ Woodcraft Clip-Ons/ Kuryakyn ISO Grips/ Puig Racing Screen/ Ram Mount/ / Stompgrip/ Red Rim Stripes/ Red Spike Bolts/ CF Gas Cap Cover/Billet Alum. Pegs/ MD Integrated Taillight/ Healtech GiPro GI/Airbox Mod/ Short V Stacks/ FZ6 Cams/ Galfer Stainless Braided Brake Lines/ Volar Sintered HH pads/ Ogio tailbag

Quote Originally Posted by Scott_Thomas View Post
    I've had woodcraft clip-ons for 3 or so years and don't think my front end feels spongy. How much do you weigh and how many miles on your bike? If you dropped one fork even slightly lower then the other it can and will affect performance making it unstable. You could always upgrade the fork springs and go to a heavier weight fork oil.
    Im 155LBS and so far 2700 miles on my bike

Im 155LBS and so far 2700 miles on my bike
    Well you weigh a lot less then I do and have less miles. Not sure why it would feel so spongy then. You can upgrade the fork components though (springs and oil). It should feel a little different, because it does change you body angle a little, but shouldn't make your forks spongy. Make sure everything is tightened down and extremely even on both sides.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Scott_Thomas; 02-26-2017 at 06:09 PM.

Pretty stoked! My clip ons should be here today! Going to install them maybe wednesday. Thats been my one major gripe with this bike, those damn bars. Ha. Will let ya know how it goes.
    2012 White FZ6R...Mod List To Come

OLD....2009 White FZ6R Mods To Date: Painted Shield, DYI Exhaust, Pin Striped Wheels, Elim Kit & LED Lights with multi function remote, R6 mirrors, No Cut Frame Sliders, Driven Sprockets -1/+2, Flush Mount Blinkers,....Mods on the way, vinyl for the tank and fairings.

Boom!!! Love them. It's a whole new bike. The corners are spectacular now! Nuff Said.

20180421_154224.jpg

20180421_154229.jpg

Now just to do something with this white tank
    2012 White FZ6R...Mod List To Come

OLD....2009 White FZ6R Mods To Date: Painted Shield, DYI Exhaust, Pin Striped Wheels, Elim Kit & LED Lights with multi function remote, R6 mirrors, No Cut Frame Sliders, Driven Sprockets -1/+2, Flush Mount Blinkers,....Mods on the way, vinyl for the tank and fairings.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12