Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weighted Bar Ends for Woodcraft Clip-ons

Default Weighted Bar Ends for Woodcraft Clip-ons

I found these weighted Bar Ends Heavy Weighted on Ebay for 24.95 + 6.95 shipping under the title "Black Vibration Reducing Bar Ends Heavy Weighted Handlebar Slugs Suzuki" sold by luckybike-accessories . They have a website
    Suzuki Bar Ends - Bar Ends
    The bar ends are made out of steel and are close in weight to the OEM ends. They come with an aluminum spacer that did not fit the ID of the clip-ons so I made some spacers using facet washers purchase from the hardware store under 2 bucks. They work well eliminating nearly all vibration.

DSCF1648.jpg

DSCF1649.jpg

DSCF1650.jpg

DSCF1654.jpg
    Last edited by rregal; 12-15-2012 at 01:08 PM.

2. Thanks TexanFZ6R thanked for this post
    Likes TexanFZ6R liked this post

Nice! my woodcrafts vibrate a lot and been looking for some bar ends.
    Mods: clear double-bubble, zx6r mirrors, shorty black levers, progrips719, protons, oes no-cuts, tech-spec, targa fe, Marthy Viper Exhaust, jb pro, airbox mod, motodynamic taillight, woodcraft clip-ons, DDM 5k HID

Did you use the faucet washers to keep the bar ends in place? Or does it actually thread into something?

The faucet washers were size selected for a slip fit inside the bar allowing the bar end to butt up to the bar without a gap. They provide a solid mount for the full length of the bolt shaft eliminating wobble. The center rubber compression spacer was a tight fit, I used silicon spray lubricant on it to keep it from deforming as I tapped the assembly into the bar with a rubber mallet. Once mounted the bolt is tighten expanding the rubber compression spacer inside the bar yielding a very solid mount.

Below is a link to a good explantion on how bar ends work to reduce vibration.

How do bar-end weights change the resonant frequency and reduce vibration?

I'll have to keep that in mind. I am thinking after my exhaust is done that I will replace the stock bars with woodcrafts with spider grips, shorty levers and these weighted bar ends. Love the look of the FZ6R with the black clip-ons.
    Mods: /Shogun Sliders/ C. Werkes FE/ ZX6R Mirrors/ Flushmounts/ POW Tank Pad/ PC5/ Driven BO's/ Shorty Levers/ Kuryakyn Throttle Lock - Bar Ends/ AHR - HID/ LEDs-Air Scoop/ T-rex Spools/ Woodcraft Clip-Ons/ Kuryakyn ISO Grips/ Puig Racing Screen/ Ram Mount/ / Stompgrip/ Red Rim Stripes/ Red Spike Bolts/ CF Gas Cap Cover/Billet Alum. Pegs/ MD Integrated Taillight/ Healtech GiPro GI/Airbox Mod/ Short V Stacks/ FZ6 Cams/ Galfer Stainless Braided Brake Lines/ Volar Sintered HH pads/ Ogio tailbag

When using these I was not able to get them tight enough where they did not spin and if I attempted they started creeping out. Any thoughts or is the same results y'all got?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

When I did it, the left side went in pretty smoothly without a hitch and seems to be in there real tight with no turning (although if I really tried, it would obviously start to turn). But it would take real effort to remove the bar end on that side. The right side however I ran into issues with the rubber not being able to fully get into the end of the bar. Then when I went to tighten it kinda got all distorted and that lead to the bar end coming out with heavy vibration (not a huge deal because I could just tap it back in but I ended up just taking that side out and putting the original woodcraft end cap in). I'm gonna try the actual woodcraft weighted bar ends I saw on their website. They seem a little sturdier.
    - Khoa

Mods: Shogun Frame Sliders, Woodcraft Riser Clip-ons, TBR Black Series Carbon Fiber Full Exhaust, TBR Juice Box Pro, Competition Werkes FE, Proton Flushmounts, Puig Rear Tire Hugger, Puig Racing Windscreen, Motodynamics Smoke Integrated Tail Light, 2008 ZX6R Mirrors

Gear: Shoei RF-1100, Alpinestars GPX Leather Gloves, Alpinestars Bionic SP Vest, Joe Rocket Yamaha Textile Jacket

Camera: Replay XD1080

Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Belt Rank: BLUE

Yeah, I can get them in. They just want to start popping out once I tighten the screw a bit. I have them both in at the moment and decently secure. More to come on there ability to stay put.

Quote Originally Posted by BradSPE View Post
    Yeah, I can get them in. They just want to start popping out once I tighten the screw a bit. I have them both in at the moment and decently secure. More to come on there ability to stay put.
    Take the spacer out and use 4 lock washers on either side of rubber. That's how I mounted mine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 4
    Mods: /Shogun Sliders/ C. Werkes FE/ ZX6R Mirrors/ Flushmounts/ POW Tank Pad/ PC5/ Driven BO's/ Shorty Levers/ Kuryakyn Throttle Lock - Bar Ends/ AHR - HID/ LEDs-Air Scoop/ T-rex Spools/ Woodcraft Clip-Ons/ Kuryakyn ISO Grips/ Puig Racing Screen/ Ram Mount/ / Stompgrip/ Red Rim Stripes/ Red Spike Bolts/ CF Gas Cap Cover/Billet Alum. Pegs/ MD Integrated Taillight/ Healtech GiPro GI/Airbox Mod/ Short V Stacks/ FZ6 Cams/ Galfer Stainless Braided Brake Lines/ Volar Sintered HH pads/ Ogio tailbag

Quote Originally Posted by Scott_Thomas View Post
    Take the spacer out and use 4 lock washers on either side of rubber. That's how I mounted mine.

Meant to say 4, 2 on each side of the rubber.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast