Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: HID Retrofit Photo Central; Share Yours!!

Sorry to hear you're not riding, but I'm happy you're on track. Congrats on the baby! My wife and I are expecting our first in April. I'm looking for projects since I'll probably be spending more time in the garage with the baby in a basket this summer than actually on my bike
    I'm thinking rear sets, a PCV, R1 suspension, and all of the usual intake tract mods. If you come across a good lighting retrofit for the N kit on the FZ1 keep me in the loop. My bike is 90% now, so I'm trying to pick away at the little details that will make it 100% unique.
    Get that bike back together! You'll need at least a little 2-wheel therapy with the new little one coming! Shipping is probably a pain, but I still have a boxful of FZ1 body in my garage, and will probably have stock forks, brakes, and front wheel soon enough. Hit me up if you need anything.

Here is my setup before I sold it to another member.

Attached Images Attached Images

Robert

2009 Cadmium Yellow FZ6R//Intuitive Racing No-Cut Frame Sliders//Driven AIS Blockoff Plates//Custom Garage Door Opener//Custom Painted Windscreen//Making the move to a more stock setup...

Quote Originally Posted by 99vengeur View Post
    Here is my setup before I sold it to another member.

Sold the bike?

Beware the beast in black...
    -Lucas
    Current Gear: Tourmaster Intake 2 Textile Jacket, Vulcan NF-8145-A Armored Leather Riding Pants, Spidi XPD X-One Boots, Castle Armored Leather Gloves, Bell Rally Revolver Evo Helmet.

Current Mods: Custom Matched Gold HID Projector Retrofit by AHR | Two Brothers Black Series Carbon Fiber Full Exhaust System | Two Brothers Juice Box Pro Fuel Controller | Rumble Concepts Smoke Flushmount Front Turn Signals | DMP Fender Eliminator | Yamaha Smoke Front Wind Screen | Puig Rear Tire Hugger | MotoDynamics Smoke Integrated Tail Light |
    SpawnXX's Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by SpawnXX View Post
    Sold the bike?
    Nope, just the headlight. I was the first to do the retrofit for this bike, and this was the test run to make sure everything fit and worked properly. I sold it and then made another one for a second member. Now I'm back to the stock headlight, and I greatly miss the projector!

Robert

2009 Cadmium Yellow FZ6R//Intuitive Racing No-Cut Frame Sliders//Driven AIS Blockoff Plates//Custom Garage Door Opener//Custom Painted Windscreen//Making the move to a more stock setup...

you all are making me salivate. lol
    FAB 5 President

-----------------------------------------

http://www.youtube.com/user/JT2012FZ6R

How much brighter is the headlight compared to the stock headlight? How much of a difference is that headlight compared to like a regular HID kit?

I like the feedback so far! Keep them coming!

-Lucas
    Current Gear: Tourmaster Intake 2 Textile Jacket, Vulcan NF-8145-A Armored Leather Riding Pants, Spidi XPD X-One Boots, Castle Armored Leather Gloves, Bell Rally Revolver Evo Helmet.

Current Mods: Custom Matched Gold HID Projector Retrofit by AHR | Two Brothers Black Series Carbon Fiber Full Exhaust System | Two Brothers Juice Box Pro Fuel Controller | Rumble Concepts Smoke Flushmount Front Turn Signals | DMP Fender Eliminator | Yamaha Smoke Front Wind Screen | Puig Rear Tire Hugger | MotoDynamics Smoke Integrated Tail Light |

Quote Originally Posted by Fizzi6ergal View Post
    How much brighter is the headlight compared to the stock headlight? How much of a difference is that headlight compared to like a regular HID kit?
    Sportbike Stage III Kit - Complete Retrofit Kits from The Retrofit Source Inc

View the thumbnails on that web page. That is of FZWhite's 6R when he had it after the installation. I know he has a comparison shot/vid on the forum too in an old post. I will try to find it and add it to this post.

-Lucas

Quote Originally Posted by Fizzi6ergal View Post
    Excuse the pun, but the difference really is night and day. When I had the projector setup, I rarely used the high beam. I just didn't need to unless on a long straight stretch of back roads. Compare that to always riding with the high beam on with the stock headlight. Even then, the low beam of the projector was superior to the stock high beam.

Comparing HID to a projector is like watering a flower with a mist bottle vs. a hose. HID have better output than stock lights, but they still scatter the light. A projector has greater light output, but it also focuses the light beam due to the projector housing and lens.

Robert

Quote Originally Posted by 99vengeur View Post
    Excuse the pun, but the difference really is night and day. When I had the projector setup, I rarely used the high beam. I just didn't need to unless on a long straight stretch of back roads. Compare that to always riding with the high beam on with the stock headlight. Even then, the low beam of the projector was superior to the stock high beam.

Comparing HID to a projector is like watering a flower with a mist bottle vs. a hose. HID have better output than stock lights, but they still scatter the light. A projector has greater light output, but it also focuses the light beam due to the projector housing and lens.
    Pretty easy to install? The fiance doesn't think I need a brighter headlight just cause I rarely ride at night. He thinks it's bright enough as is. But when I do ride at night, the HID kit vs the stock one could mean the difference in me seeing the deer a lot sooner vs me racing up to the deer on the side of the road and freaking myself out.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast