Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wiring,Splice,Headache

Exclamation Wiring,Splice,Headache

so i got my flush signals, but now i cant figure out how to wire them....the signals only have 2 wires while the connector i cut from the stock signals have 3?? how do i wire these? i have a but splice but honestly idk how to even do that either haha, i have been trying different color combos and ended up blowing the fuse so i just replaced it. i dont want to blow another, any help out there?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Current Mods:F/E Kit,Shogun "NO CUT" frame sliders,T-Rex spools,Progrip Tank Pad,TBR Black Series CF Exhaust,JB Pro,Flush Mount Turn Signals,Motodynamics Smoked Integrated Taillight,ZX6R Mirrors

Current Gear: *Oakley Military Carbon fiber gloves,Alpine Stars 7-10 WP jacket,Icon Alliance Rat Helmet,Bilt Trackstar boots*

the three colors are blue black and red btw, and the new flushies have a black and white wire
    Current Mods:F/E Kit,Shogun "NO CUT" frame sliders,T-Rex spools,Progrip Tank Pad,TBR Black Series CF Exhaust,JB Pro,Flush Mount Turn Signals,Motodynamics Smoked Integrated Taillight,ZX6R Mirrors

Current Gear: *Oakley Military Carbon fiber gloves,Alpine Stars 7-10 WP jacket,Icon Alliance Rat Helmet,Bilt Trackstar boots*

Blog Entries

The black is ground, or (-) negative. It almost always is. The blue is the running light and the other (green or brown) is the signal. If you hook black to black you can try the other combinations. The problem is that the new signals are not designed to be running turn signals like the stock signals are. That is okay, you just have to live without them. You can hook black to black and white to green or brown (Side dependent) and you will be good.
    Chad aka "The Original Mod Whore"

Youtube
    : Rabbitman's YouTube FZ1 mods: Mod Whore Central
    Quote Originally Posted by Heineken View Post
    I, the self proclaimed Gear Whore say: Hail the Mods Whore. )

Blog Entries

I have no clue about the colors, but the aftermarket lights only have 2 wires because they will no longer work as running lights. A test light will tell you which is hot.
    -Jay

You call it facial hair.. I call it AWESOMENESS escaping through my face!

Previous Bikes: 09 Rebel 250, 09 FZ6R, 09 R6, 11 FZ8, 2002 Bandit 1200S

Quote Originally Posted by FZwhite View Post
    The black is ground, or (-) negative. It almost always is. The blue is the running light and the other (green or brown) is the signal. If you hook black to black you can try the other combinations. The problem is that the new signals are not designed to be running turn signals like the stock signals are. That is okay, you just have to live without them. You can hook black to black and white to green or brown (Side dependent) and you will be good.
    and the remaining wire? just keep it covered perhaps?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jponza View Post
    and the remaining wire? just keep it covered perhaps?
    Fold it over itself, cut the exposed wire, electrical tape it and zip tie it up out of the way.
    -Jay

You call it facial hair.. I call it AWESOMENESS escaping through my face!

Previous Bikes: 09 Rebel 250, 09 FZ6R, 09 R6, 11 FZ8, 2002 Bandit 1200S

Your old signal could do a good test light too...

Martin

Life is all about attitude. Be hard on yourself, easy on others.

FZ6R sold...

ok to correct myself its not a red but a green wire, as said earlier is suppose to be the signal. i tried black/black and white/green. negative on that one =/ doesn't turn on as a running or a blinker. im going to try black/black, and blue/white

tried it and i got the light to turn on but its just a running light, it doesn't blink when i turn on the signal. the integrated tail light is flashing for the turn though.

You have 6 wire from both side. 2 should be black (1 each side) Technically the running light should be the same color on each side then the turn signal should be 2 different color...

Martin

Life is all about attitude. Be hard on yourself, easy on others.

FZ6R sold...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast