Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Wiring,Splice,Headache

Quote Originally Posted by spider2k View Post
    you can make the two wire signals do both running as well as turn with some diodes and resistors FYI.
    How do you wire up the resistors? I have an LED tail light with integrated turn signals as well as LED front flashers.Since installing the front, when my turn signal is on, I lose my red tail light/brake light on that side while the orange turn signal flashes at the back. How can I add a resistor in the front to fool the bike into giving me back my running light in the tail?

Quote Originally Posted by PlaneMonkey View Post
    How do you wire up the resistors? I have an LED tail light with integrated turn signals as well as LED front flashers.Since installing the front, when my turn signal is on, I lose my red tail light/brake light on that side while the orange turn signal flashes at the back. How can I add a resistor in the front to fool the bike into giving me back my running light in the tail?
    I got proton flush mounts and they have 4 wires, one for day time running and they fit great and look great and are nice and bright

Default Re: Wiring,Splice,Headache

Quote Originally Posted by PlaneMonkey View Post
    Resistors just keep the signals on as running lights like stock. I have magic blinkers which are premade and very nicely made. Sounds like something is wired wrong though and you cause a temporary short when you turn the signal on.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2
    Mods: /Shogun Sliders/ C. Werkes FE/ ZX6R Mirrors/ Flushmounts/ POW Tank Pad/ PC5/ Driven BO's/ Shorty Levers/ Kuryakyn Throttle Lock - Bar Ends/ AHR - HID/ LEDs-Air Scoop/ T-rex Spools/ Woodcraft Clip-Ons/ Kuryakyn ISO Grips/ Puig Racing Screen/ Ram Mount/ / Stompgrip/ Red Rim Stripes/ Red Spike Bolts/ CF Gas Cap Cover/Billet Alum. Pegs/ MD Integrated Taillight/ Healtech GiPro GI/Airbox Mod/ Short V Stacks/ FZ6 Cams/ Galfer Stainless Braided Brake Lines/ Volar Sintered HH pads/ Ogio tailbag

Does anyone have any advice on how to wire the resistors to LED blinkers? I bought some for my fz6r, different from the flush mounts most here have referenced, but no instructions on how to wire them.

Here's an image of the new blinkers with the resistors attached:
    Attached Images Attached Images

i ran into similar issue installing rear blinkers, since the connectors are different, I spliced mine with posi-locks.

look you dont need the third wire i just did that mod to my FZ6r the only thing is that you are going to need a diffrent Relay for the LED the relay is located under the passenger seat. good luck man

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT leprecaun jon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fazer1 View Post
    Does anyone have any advice on how to wire the resistors to LED blinkers? I bought some for my fz6r, different from the flush mounts most here have referenced, but no instructions on how to wire them.

Here's an image of the new blinkers with the resistors attached:
    I csnt speak for the wiring im almost certain you cant wire them up wrong. However i chose not to use the resister because the package stated there was a risk of heat exposure or fire from the resister so i said to hell with that and just had stupid fast blinkers lol
    Current bikes: 2012 Ducati Monster 796 ABS, 1970 Honda CL350. Retired:09 Fz6r

Quote Originally Posted by buzzbomb View Post

The philosophy I hold so dear though, took root right here on this forum. In all the posts I read about riders down and the benefits of ATGATT.

Quote Originally Posted by leprecaun jon View Post
    I csnt speak for the wiring im almost certain you cant wire them up wrong. However i chose not to use the resister because the package stated there was a risk of heat exposure or fire from the resister so i said to hell with that and just had stupid fast blinkers lol
    I have my fronts wired up as running lights without any problems whatsoever.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
    Mods: /Shogun Sliders/ C. Werkes FE/ ZX6R Mirrors/ Flushmounts/ POW Tank Pad/ PC5/ Driven BO's/ Shorty Levers/ Kuryakyn Throttle Lock - Bar Ends/ AHR - HID/ LEDs-Air Scoop/ T-rex Spools/ Woodcraft Clip-Ons/ Kuryakyn ISO Grips/ Puig Racing Screen/ Ram Mount/ / Stompgrip/ Red Rim Stripes/ Red Spike Bolts/ CF Gas Cap Cover/Billet Alum. Pegs/ MD Integrated Taillight/ Healtech GiPro GI/Airbox Mod/ Short V Stacks/ FZ6 Cams/ Galfer Stainless Braided Brake Lines/ Volar Sintered HH pads/ Ogio tailbag

ESTABLISHED RESIDENT leprecaun jon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Just for s&g's heres the CF of wires i had to sort through to get the wiring harness off of my cl350
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Current bikes: 2012 Ducati Monster 796 ABS, 1970 Honda CL350. Retired:09 Fz6r

Quote Originally Posted by buzzbomb View Post

The philosophy I hold so dear though, took root right here on this forum. In all the posts I read about riders down and the benefits of ATGATT.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123