Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Removing Evap Tubes

Default Removing Evap Tubes

Has anyone removed or hidden the Evap tubes on our bikes. Mine's obviously a CA spec FZ6RAB(C). I don't care if the evap canister is there, but I'd like to get rid of the tubes. If this is not possible, is it possible to remove the whole system. I've tried searching here and Google to no avail. I'm Wondering if it's possible to cap them off somehow out of view. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Scott
    Mods: /Shogun Sliders/ C. Werkes FE/ ZX6R Mirrors/ Flushmounts/ POW Tank Pad/ PC5/ Driven BO's/ Shorty Levers/ Kuryakyn Throttle Lock - Bar Ends/ AHR - HID/ LEDs-Air Scoop/ T-rex Spools/ Woodcraft Clip-Ons/ Kuryakyn ISO Grips/ Puig Racing Screen/ Ram Mount/ / Stompgrip/ Red Rim Stripes/ Red Spike Bolts/ CF Gas Cap Cover/Billet Alum. Pegs/ MD Integrated Taillight/ Healtech GiPro GI/Airbox Mod/ Short V Stacks/ FZ6 Cams/ Galfer Stainless Braided Brake Lines/ Volar Sintered HH pads/ Ogio tailbag

If you are talking about the black rubber vent lines then yes they can be rerouted but DO NOT cap them off!!!

I didn't think they could be capped unless totally disconnected somehow. Would build up pressure I'm sure. How do you re-route them? Where do you re-route them?
    Mods: /Shogun Sliders/ C. Werkes FE/ ZX6R Mirrors/ Flushmounts/ POW Tank Pad/ PC5/ Driven BO's/ Shorty Levers/ Kuryakyn Throttle Lock - Bar Ends/ AHR - HID/ LEDs-Air Scoop/ T-rex Spools/ Woodcraft Clip-Ons/ Kuryakyn ISO Grips/ Puig Racing Screen/ Ram Mount/ / Stompgrip/ Red Rim Stripes/ Red Spike Bolts/ CF Gas Cap Cover/Billet Alum. Pegs/ MD Integrated Taillight/ Healtech GiPro GI/Airbox Mod/ Short V Stacks/ FZ6 Cams/ Galfer Stainless Braided Brake Lines/ Volar Sintered HH pads/ Ogio tailbag

Lot of Class, Mostly Low MichaelInVenice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sethomas1975 View Post
    I didn't think they could be capped unless totally disconnected somehow. Would build up pressure I'm sure. How do you re-route them? Where do you re-route them?
    They all effectively become additional drain hoses. I've seen some bikes where they are all joined together into a single vent line using T or Y connectors, then the single line is routed down to the bottom of the bike, but there's always some hoses that will be running down.

Not sure what the point is if you're going to leave the canister in place. Typically you'd do this to save weight, but you're not gaining much there unless you remove everything.

Only way to eliminate things completely is to buy a non-CA tank.

I just want to hide the rubber hoses. One of mine already had two breaks near the end of the hose. I have no idea how that could happen since I don't have that many miles and don't ride it too hard. Still breaking it in. Just annoying because they do sit so low.

You can route them anywhere you want as long as you don't put them somewhere that they will kink or get pinched.

I would pull the whole system. There's no loss in performance for doing this. Only advantage is the weight saved.
    BLUE LED UnderGlow|| Intuitive NO-CUT Frame Sliders|| BLACKED-OUT Windscreen White Rim Tape|| PSR block off plates|| K n N High flow Air Filter||Full TBR exhaust|| Modified airbox||

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Wilson View Post
    I would pull the whole system. There's no loss in performance for doing this. Only advantage is the weight saved.
    Don't think I'm gonna go that far, but I may re-route like chevyfazer said. Have to have a closer look tomorrow. Doesn't bother me that it's there, just wanna hide it and keep the hoses more protected. I think I did see a pic of someone's bike on here that replaced the black hose with chrome. Looked really nice and probably more durable.

Ok I am game. How do I remove the entire system!