447lbs(Bike) + 175lbs(Rider) = [email protected] = 7.97lbs per 1hp

Add TBR Exhaust/PCV/Performance Air Filter
    437lbs(Bike) + 175(Rider) = [email protected] = 7.46Lbs Per 1hp

Now for fun stuff
    450lb(Bike) + 145lb(Rider) = [email protected] = 7.63lbs per hp
    is equal to:
    450lb(Bike) + 200lb(Rider) = [email protected] per 1hp =85.19hp

Theory:
    A 200lb rider on the same bike as the 145lb rider would need 7 more hp out of his bike(or have to lose 55lbs) in order to feel the same power as the 145lb guy....and with that being said you can assume that about every 8lbs lost = +1hp feel to your bike... maybe more like 10lbs but still food for thought

im [edited foul wording-CC] bored can you tell... lol pretty cool though eh?

Stock Bike Rider:
    467lbs(Bike) + 150lbs(Rider) = [email protected] = 7.91lbs per 1hp
    TBR Bike Rider:
    457lbs(Bike) + 200lbs(Rider) = [email protected] = 8.01lbs per 1hp .... that stock little boy may just beat you

Note: This dose not account for Ft/lbs Tq
    Last edited by CrazyCawi; 05-18-2012 at 11:06 PM.
    Mods In Order:[Puig Tinted Windscreen][Rascal Grafik Tank Pad][Puig Rear Tire Hugger][Puig Sliders][Rumble Concepts Integrated Tail Light][Rumble Concepts F/E][Proton Flush Mount Signals][TBR Black C/F Exhaust][PSR B/O Plates][PSR Adjustable Break and Clutch Leavers][K&N Filter + Intake Mod][Dynojet PCV][Blue Smoked Wheel Stripes][C/F Gas Cap Pad][Apex Clip-ons][Spike Bolts]

Here's some visualization of a 150lb rider vs 200lb rider on a stock FZ6R.

Yes, weight reduction has diminishing effects at higher speeds, but we ride at lower speeds all the time where weight reduction can be significant.

That said, I think it's ridiculous to remove functional items such as the tool kit and the rear fender on a street bike for the sake of weight savings. On a race bike at the track where fractions of a second lap times can win a race, then it makes sense. But on a relatively heavy street bike, you'll never notice the difference from a 5 pound loss. How many of you can notice the difference in handling and acceleration between a full tank of gas and when 1 gallon of gas has been used? That 1 gallon of gas weighs about 6 pounds.

If fltdriver has a stock 2010 FZ6R, with a full gas tank, and the ratio of 7.67 pounds per 1 horsepower. How much does fltdriver weigh?

Was going to post it here, but didn't want to hijack. I've been tracking my MPG since I bought my beautiful girl in late February. Some weight makes a lot of difference.

http://www.600cc.org/forum/f87/littl...24/#post343687
    Mods: Me!

I ride because I must. I ride because it is who I am. My bike is my soul, made machine. Together, we are whole. I ride.

I never get on the bike unless I'm ATGATT. Accidents are just that. If we could predict them, they wouldn't happen. Just sayin'

Quote Originally Posted by buzzbomb View Post
    Was going to post it here, but didn't want to hijack. I've been tracking my MPG since I bought my beautiful girl in late February. Some weight makes a lot of difference.

http://www.600cc.org/forum/f87/littl...24/#post343687
    Nice chart man thankyou!!!
    Mods In Order:[Puig Tinted Windscreen][Rascal Grafik Tank Pad][Puig Rear Tire Hugger][Puig Sliders][Rumble Concepts Integrated Tail Light][Rumble Concepts F/E][Proton Flush Mount Signals][TBR Black C/F Exhaust][PSR B/O Plates][PSR Adjustable Break and Clutch Leavers][K&N Filter + Intake Mod][Dynojet PCV][Blue Smoked Wheel Stripes][C/F Gas Cap Pad][Apex Clip-ons][Spike Bolts]

Quote Originally Posted by fltdriver View Post
    If fltdriver has a stock 2010 FZ6R, with a full gas tank, and the ratio of 7.67 pounds per 1 horsepower. How much does fltdriver weigh?
    umm like 125-130lbs?

Weight reduction thread turned into a giant math problem with all these graphs and ratios!

just kidding

Quote Originally Posted by Fzara2000 View Post
    Weight reduction thread turned into a giant math problem with all these graphs and ratios!

just kidding
    LOL sorry i was bored mate

I would struggle to keep my weight near 200lbs, I am around 6'4'' and have allways worked manual labor.I have a thick frame.
    So what about a 230lb rider on a R6, that kept his fender, that has added bags and creature features, vs a fz6r with a 160lb rider, stripped down, with a two brothers?

I might have to show this thread to my insurance lol

Quote Originally Posted by bleedinblue View Post
    I would struggle to keep my weight near 200lbs, I am around 6'4'' and have allways worked manual labor.I have a thick frame.
    So what about a 230lb rider on a R6, that kept his fender, that has added bags and creature features, vs a fz6r with a 160lb rider, stripped down, with a two brothers?

I might have to show this thread to my insurance lol
    well its pretty simple man
    Rider weight + Bike weight / Bike Hp = Lbs per Hp
    400+230=630 630/130=4.85lbs per hp?

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast