Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Bobski's windscreen comparisons

Default Bobski's windscreen comparisons

I've found the most useful windscreen information has been from a rider who has personally tried several and can provide direct comparisons. I've now used the original screen, the Yamaha Double Bubble, and Puig Touring so here are my summary thoughts. Hope this is helpful for riders seeking solutions for wind buffeting issues. Qualifier: I am 5'9" and ride in an upright position all the time (virtually never tuck).
    1) original screen, if you're still using it I recommend you do yourself a BIG favor and get an upgrade, or just remove it or cut it down, it 'creates' significant air turbulence even at slow speeds, seriously!
    2) Yamaha Double Bubble (Puig Racing screen probably falls in this category as well although I haven't personally tried it), significantly smoother air flow at low speeds and acceptable up to about 60mph/100kph.
    3) Puig Touring, excellent at low speeds and VERY good at sustained higher speeds up to 80mph/130kph (I don't rider faster than that), I can feel air movement around my shoulders and chest but no actual pressure or turbulence and it's like my helmet is sitting in a pocket of very still smooth air with very little pressure even when turning my head for shoulder checks (was very surprising when I first felt it).
    I will be leaving the Puig Touring on the bike unless it just feels like it's blocking too much air in the hot summer days, then I'll go to the Double Bubble or go Naked (only takes 5 min. to switch windscreens). Lots of other windscreen threads on here . . but I hope this consolidated summary helps someone
    Last edited by bobski; 05-17-2012 at 02:11 PM.
    We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public

I'll through my 2 cents in:

Yamaha Clear Raised Bubble Windscreen- Vast improvement over the stock. No more of my head getting bobbled around. If I slightly tuck it takes all of the wind noise away. No pressure on body at 60-120. Best $60 investment I've made so far.

I'm 5'7ish and under 140 so the wind was really kicking my but before, now after a 1.5 hour ride I don't have any of the upper body strain from the stock screen rocking my shoulders/head.

Blog Entries

I added linkback tags and also stickied. great info ty
    ┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐ #46 ROCKST★R VIVA LA FIGA ┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
    June BOTM 2013 Winner

i always wondered what a touring screen felt like ty
    Mods In Order:[Puig Tinted Windscreen][Rascal Grafik Tank Pad][Puig Rear Tire Hugger][Puig Sliders][Rumble Concepts Integrated Tail Light][Rumble Concepts F/E][Proton Flush Mount Signals][TBR Black C/F Exhaust][PSR B/O Plates][PSR Adjustable Break and Clutch Leavers][K&N Filter + Intake Mod][Dynojet PCV][Blue Smoked Wheel Stripes][C/F Gas Cap Pad][Apex Clip-ons][Spike Bolts]

I picked up the Puig Touring screen as well, very nice my only complaint is with the weather stripping they give you to put around it. I patiently (ok semi-patiently) put it on and now I am thinking it was a waste of time. Just doesn't look right to me. Has anyone else had the same thought? It was a real B!%@# to get it on where the bubble comes out. Oh and I learned something...the screws are plastic :jerk:. Guess I'll be looking for those White coloured replacements sooner than I thought. Anyone ever see them in colours?

Can you post pics of your touring windscreen?
    FAB 5 President

-----------------------------------------

http://www.youtube.com/user/JT2012FZ6R

Where are you finding the puig touring screens? Only thing I can find is the racing.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

Current DB Windshield, Immortal Graphix Clear Tank Pad, TapeWorks Reflective Wheel Stripes, Lightning Performance Sliders, T-REX Spools, MotoCentric Sport Saddle, Givi V46, GTI-R HID Projector, Banshee Horn, Speigler Blue Brake lines, Rizoma Engine & Crank Case Guards.

Desired Givi V35. Puig Touring Windscreen, TechSpec Tank Grips, Rizoma F/E, +1/0 Sprockets, New Clutch/Brake Levers.

Not the best pics, I'll try to do better when in it is a normal day. The bright light is the sun even though at the time there was rain/thunder and lightning.

I picked the touring screen up from A Vicious cycle here in Canada. Product - A Vicious Cycle

The funny thing is the picture is the racing shield not the touring one but the description is correct, it really is the touring as you can see.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I noticed the same thing. I cut off about 1.5" from the stock screen and all of a sudden the buffeting stopped and I tested it up to 95 mph.....just before I crashed and totaled the bike.
    John

1999 Triumph Daytona 955i, HQ shorty levers, D3 grips, Gorilla 8017 alarm, SkyKing frame sliders, Sixity scintered bronze brake pads F/R, R&G rear axle sliders, Galfer wave rear rotor, Hella Fwy horn, PowerBronze chain guard/hugger, 02' R6 Throttle tube, Dunlop Sportmax Q2 tires, dual 55 watt HID.

Quote Originally Posted by WKD View Post
    I picked up the Puig Touring screen as well, very nice my only complaint is with the weather stripping they give you to put around it. I patiently (ok semi-patiently) put it on and now I am thinking it was a waste of time. Just doesn't look right to me. Has anyone else had the same thought? It was a real B!%@# to get it on where the bubble comes out. Oh and I learned something...the screws are plastic :jerk:. Guess I'll be looking for those White coloured replacements sooner than I thought. Anyone ever see them in colours?
    I looked at that weather stripping and the ridges in the windscreen and didn't even bother trying to install the stripping, I'm fine with the screen without it, even if the top edge is 'exposed'. If I did install it I think I'd just put it across the top as far as the ridges but stop when it got to the ridges.
    Last edited by bobski; 06-07-2012 at 04:26 PM.
    We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast