Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bobski's windscreen comparisons

Has anyone tried the zero Gravity windscreen? My Puig racing screen broke when I tiped my bike over 2 weeks ago. I wouldn't mind buying the PUIG again, but I would like to know someones opinion on the Zero gravity screen. Thanks

Barny

Default Thanks bobski, very helpful

I am an older rider; just sold my BMW RT after riding it for ten years including a trip to Alaska. Sold it because I want to downsize due to age and the inevitable physical deterioration that accompanies aging (enjoy it while you can).

One of the bikes I am considering is the fz6r. My Beemer had a wonderful adjustable windshield. I don't expect to be able to equal that level of comfort on the fz6r but bobski's description of the after market windshields is encouraging.

Should I get a naked bike that would take a cruiser type screen? Anyone had to make this adjustment? If so I'd be obliged to hear your comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Barny View Post
    I am an older rider; just sold my BMW RT after riding it for ten years including a trip to Alaska. Sold it because I want to downsize due to age and the inevitable physical deterioration that accompanies aging (enjoy it while you can).

One of the bikes I am considering is the fz6r. My Beemer had a wonderful adjustable windshield. I don't expect to be able to equal that level of comfort on the fz6r but bobski's description of the after market windshields is encouraging.

Should I get a naked bike that would take a cruiser type screen? Anyone had to make this adjustment? If so I'd be obliged to hear your comments.
    It's not quite clear what your question is, as you say you're considering the FZ6R, but want opinions on naked bikes with windscreens. Maybe start a new thread, and describe your ideal bike characteristics.

Quote Originally Posted by MNGreg View Post
    Where are you finding the puig touring screens? Only thing I can find is the racing.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2
    I got mine through a small local shop here in Kelowna, BC, Canada.
    Redline Motorcycle Parts, Great Service and Even Better Prices
    Use the "Contact Us" link on the homepage and see if Ryan can do anything for you as a non-local customer.
    We never really grow up, we just learn how to act in public

Hey Barney, I'm an older rider too (60+) and find the FZ6R very comfortable now with the Puig Touring windscreen, and the riding position has always felt great to me. I also like the fact that for hot weather or around town riding, if you enjoy more very smooth air on your torso, it only takes about 5 minutes to remove the screen and replace it with a cut down stock screen or just leave it off completely and the air movement becomes absolutely smooth! A naked bike with a cruiser style screen would be a wild card unless you can find a reliable comparison to the FZ with the Puig.

Barny

Quote Originally Posted by bobski View Post
    Hey Barney, I'm an older rider too (60+) and find the FZ6R very comfortable now with the Puig Touring windscreen, and the riding position has always felt great to me. I also like the fact that for hot weather or around town riding, if you enjoy more very smooth air on your torso, it only takes about 5 minutes to remove the screen and replace it with a cut down stock screen or just leave it off completely and the air movement becomes absolutely smooth! A naked bike with a cruiser style screen would be a wild card unless you can find a reliable comparison to the FZ with the Puig.
    Thanks again bobski! I appreciate the feedback. Based on your experience it sounds like I could be satisfied with the touring windshield.

After I sold my BMW RT I downsized to a Burgman 400 scooter and soon realized I had gone too far and started looking for a suitable bike. Sort of settled on the Bonneville, retro style being well suited to my own vintage. Then I found out that everything that looks like a crotch rocket isn't actually a sport bike. I was able to demo the new Ninja 650 and decided I didn't like it any better than the Bonnie. It was a short demo but I thought I was feeling too much heat on my right foot. Is this an issue with the fz6r? The two bikes have similar exhaust arrangements.

Yamaha is having a demo event in my area next week so I will get to try the fz then. Looking forward to that.

Thanks again bobski! I appreciate the feedback. Based on your experience it sounds like I could be satisfied with the touring windshield.

After I sold my BMW RT I downsized to a Burgman 400 scooter and soon realized I had gone too far and started looking for a suitable bike. Sort of settled on the Bonneville, retro style being well suited to my own vintage. Then I found out that everything that looks like a crotch rocket isn't actually a sport bike. I was able to demo the new Ninja 650 and decided I didn't like it any better than the Bonnie. It was a short demo but I thought I was feeling too much heat on my right foot. Is this an issue with the fz6r? The two bikes have similar exhaust arrangements.

Yamaha is having a demo event in my area next week so I will get to try the fz then. Looking forward to that.
    I have not had any issues with heat.
    FAB 5 President

-----------------------------------------

http://www.youtube.com/user/JT2012FZ6R

No problems with heat for me. Enjoy the demo ride, that should tell you a lot . . just remember that the wind buffeting can be readily remedied.

Y2too1KK

Default thank you

Thanks for your summary point . I am plan to pruchase a windscreen . I think I can know a little how to choose the windscreen now . Thank you guys

bullfinchgold

Default specical windscreen

Quote Originally Posted by Spunky99 View Post
    I noticed the same thing. I cut off about 1.5" from the stock screen and all of a sudden the buffeting stopped and I tested it up to 95 mph.....just before I crashed and totaled the bike.
    any body has a specical windscrren here . both the color or the design ???

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast