Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Woodcraft Clip Ons

I signed up to this forum just to look at pictures, I'm getting an FZ6R next year and this is the first thing I plan on doing to it, along with flush mount front signals and a fender eliminator. Thanks for all the great info and pictures guys!

Quote Originally Posted by Vulpine View Post
    I installed Woodcraft clip-ons with 1.5 inch risers and have ridden with them for over a week now. I waited to post because I wanted to test them before commenting on them. They will not install under the triple clamp because of our clamp's design. Therefore the forks had to be raised just over 1.5 inches. I had reservations doing this as I feared it would affect the geometry too much. Thus far, I have experienced no headshake at all. With that said, These clip ons are awesome. They look great and the bike feels like a totally diferent bike. The stock bars are great if you want a sport-tourer or the comfort. I ride 60 plus miles daily about 90% interstate travel. These clip ons give you a more tucked in perch that keeps you out of the wind. The quality of craftsmanship of these is great and the customer service from Woodcraft is awesome. I originally ordered 2 inch risers because I wasn't sure if anything lower would clear the fairing. There was still some clearance so I ordered the 1.5 risers. Total cost plus shipping was $191. They are worth every penny. I deliberated long and hard between the Apex and these. The Apex appear to have more versatility as they are adjustable. However I liked the look of the Woodcraft. Thanks to Dakinechick and all the others who posted about your clip ons. Enclosed are pics. If anyone has any questions just ask. Enjoy!
    How much did you raise the forks? says more than 1.5 so how much more? 1.75?

Quote Originally Posted by reedsmith07 View Post
    How much did you raise the forks? says more than 1.5 so how much more? 1.75?
    I have the same clip-ons. You have to to raise the forks almost 1.75". If you do it yourself make sure to lower slowly one side at a time. The forks need to be even to avoid headshake and handling problems.
    Last edited by Scott_Thomas; 03-04-2016 at 03:55 PM.
    Mods: /Shogun Sliders/ C. Werkes FE/ ZX6R Mirrors/ Flushmounts/ POW Tank Pad/ PC5/ Driven BO's/ Shorty Levers/ Kuryakyn Throttle Lock - Bar Ends/ AHR - HID/ LEDs-Air Scoop/ T-rex Spools/ Woodcraft Clip-Ons/ Kuryakyn ISO Grips/ Puig Racing Screen/ Ram Mount/ / Stompgrip/ Red Rim Stripes/ Red Spike Bolts/ CF Gas Cap Cover/Billet Alum. Pegs/ MD Integrated Taillight/ Healtech GiPro GI/Airbox Mod/ Short V Stacks/ FZ6 Cams/ Galfer Stainless Braided Brake Lines/ Volar Sintered HH pads/ Ogio tailbag

Default Woodcraft clip-ons for sale

I have a set of Woodcraft Clip-Ons for the FZ6R for sale. 41mm with 1.5" riser 7/8" tubes in black. If anyone is interested private message me.

For those who have installed clips and may not know, head out to your local auto parts store with 2 bucks in your pocket and grab these;

http://www.600cc.org/forum/448414-post14.html

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ben View Post
    I have a set of Woodcraft Clip-Ons for the FZ6R for sale. 41mm with 1.5" riser 7/8" tubes in black. If anyone is interested private message me.

Pm sent...

Hey everyone, so im curious about the clip ons and the fitment they have with the bike. I ordered some (not woodcraft or apex's) off of ebay, cheap ones to see how it would be, and when they were installed i had multiple issues. First off being that the bike was much lower than it should have been, and would have scraped the horn on the smallest of bumps and secondly when turning the bars fully either direction my levers would bump the front cowling that sort of juts out towards you when riding when making a U turn the brake lever would hit the front cowling and engage the front brake). So basically im wondering as to if the woodcrafts are just install and go or if there will be any issues such as those mentioned above.
    Thanks!

Just have to move controls and levers into a position that clears everything. Maybe with your setup it isn't possible, I have woodcrafts 1.5" riser 41mm tube). I had to play with my controls to get them in a position that they cleared everything, but they do now and have for 3 years or so since I put them on.
    Mods: /Shogun Sliders/ C. Werkes FE/ ZX6R Mirrors/ Flushmounts/ POW Tank Pad/ PC5/ Driven BO's/ Shorty Levers/ Kuryakyn Throttle Lock - Bar Ends/ AHR - HID/ LEDs-Air Scoop/ T-rex Spools/ Woodcraft Clip-Ons/ Kuryakyn ISO Grips/ Puig Racing Screen/ Ram Mount/ / Stompgrip/ Red Rim Stripes/ Red Spike Bolts/ CF Gas Cap Cover/Billet Alum. Pegs/ MD Integrated Taillight/ Healtech GiPro GI/Airbox Mod/ Short V Stacks/ FZ6 Cams/ Galfer Stainless Braided Brake Lines/ Volar Sintered HH pads/ Ogio tailbag

were did you find your woodcraft clip ons woodcraft dose not even list the fz6r

Quote Originally Posted by burnoutsfordays123 View Post
    were did you find your woodcraft clip ons woodcraft dose not even list the fz6r
    Get the clip ons with the 1.5" rise for a 41mm tube

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast