Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: White FZ6R tank graphics template

Blog Entries

Default White FZ6R tank graphics template

I have a template still that I used to cover the graphics with Tech Spec on my '09 White FZ6R. If anyone wants it's really easy for me to trace and I can mail it to you. At least it will give you a starter that you can either use of modify. May make things easier if you are trying to cover the tank graphics and have to start from scratch. I know it was a pain in the *** for me.

EDIT: I scanned this template in and made it a PDF so if anyone wants a copy PM me your email address and I'll shoot you a copy.

A lot of people have asked so this is what I did:

Contact Tech Spec, or your local dealer, and get two Tech Spec sheets measured about 21x11. This will be more than enough and cost around $60. You can also research other materials. Take the template I sent, or make your own, and cut it and tweak it until it covers the desired location on your tank. Then when you get your materials trace your template to the back of the sheet and cut with sharp scissors. Take the other sheet and flip your template to cut out a reversed copy. You can either lay it right on the bike or if you really want you can sand down the edges at an angle. Apply to the tank according to the intructions to avoid getting air bubbles.

Hope this helps

This is what mine looks like, should leave enough room in the middle for a tank pad (or whatever it's called.)

Last edited by kevin8198; 04-02-2012 at 10:57 AM.

Kevin,,, I hope that I am speaking for alot of people here on this forum, those with white bikes and those without.. This is a very nice thing that you are offering to do for us. Taking your time and spending your own money to help out other forum members. That is one of the MANY things I really like about this forum is that we like to help each other out when we can.. Thank you very much for your actions... Laurence (Laurie) Potter

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CDN6R View Post
    Kevin,,, I hope that I am speaking for alot of people here on this forum, those with white bikes and those without.. This is a very nice thing that you are offering to do for us. Taking your time and spending your own money to help out other forum members. That is one of the MANY things I really like about this forum is that we like to help each other out when we can.. Thank you very much for your actions... Laurence (Laurie) Potter
    Yeah, no skin off my back. Thanks! 34 cents is a small price to pay for good Karma

Default tank grip cut-outs

I have the cut-outs i made for customizing my tank grips too. (see my virtual garage to see what i'm talking about.)

if there is enough interest, i'll see if i can scan them into the computer and upload them for everyone. Let me know.
    Last edited by Detrich; 06-09-2011 at 05:58 PM. Reason: tank grip cut-outs, tank grip cutouts
    2012 Yamaha YZF-R1 - Blue [3.30.2013] - GYTR CF Heel Trim, ProGrip CF Tank Pad, Shogun NC Crash Kit, Yamaha White Seat Cowl
    2010 Yamaha YZF-R6 - Blue [4.09.2011] - GYTR CF Heel Trim, ProGrip CF Tank Pad, Shogun NC Crash Kit, Yamaha White Seat Cowl, GPR v4 Steering Damper
    2009 Yamaha FZ6R - Blue [1.23.2010 - 3.10.2012 Sold]

View My Virtual Garage

I would like this. how would you send it. I've had my white fz6r for about three weeks and still looking for something to do about those horrific things.. Your help is greatly appreciated.

I want to do the same thing on a raven one, only with white ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Michaelslimjr8 View Post
    I would like this. how would you send it. I've had my white fz6r for about three weeks and still looking for something to do about those horrific things.. Your help is greatly appreciated.
    I had custom graphics made for mine. The graphic guy has the template on file and said he can design anything you want to fit the size and print and mail you the graphics for around $80 plus mailing. If you want his number, send me a message and I will get it for you.

still looking for something to do about those horrific things..
    I resent that, LoL. I love the pink graphics!!! I love pink altogether though too.
    Last edited by DakinechicK; 06-09-2011 at 07:53 PM.
    I get a little too familiar and step across the line. Habitually. I'm a habitual line stepper.

Blog Entries

Send me a Private message with your address and I'll get you one too

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by DakinechicK View Post
    I resent that, LoL. I love the pink graphics!!! I love pink altogether too.
    LOL, you know I kinda figured you'd say that to each their own though girly. Bet chicks like you look hot with the pink graphics, us guys just want a sick looking white bike so we have no choice but to cover them up.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast