Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Intermediate Riding Course

Default Intermediate Riding Course

Before I got my license I went through ABATE of Colorado's Basic Rider Course; I really liked it and it gave me some good training and counted for the driving test. Now that I've been riding for a couple years I was thinking about going back for the intermediate level class. Does anyone have experience with this class (or something like it)? The website doesn't give a whole lot of details. I feel pretty comfortable during my regular commute, not so much up in the canyons.

I know the one out here in CT is a lot of the same low speed agility drills and general awareness that you do in the BRC, but instead on your own bike.
    My Ride - 2009 Raven FZ6R - Targa Fender Eliminator - Red Reflective Wheel Stripes - Clear Yamaha Raised Bubble Windscreen - Home-made GPS set up
    Boss's Ride - 2009 H-D Sportster 1200 Custom - Bone Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Andezel View Post
    Before I got my license I went through ABATE of Colorado's Basic Rider Course; I really liked it and it gave me some good training and counted for the driving test. Now that I've been riding for a couple years I was thinking about going back for the intermediate level class. Does anyone have experience with this class (or something like it)? The website doesn't give a whole lot of details. I feel pretty comfortable during my regular commute, not so much up in the canyons.
    what bigguybbr said... the ERC is more or less like the BRC only with your own bike...

go do a instructed track day/track day, you'll get much more out of it...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Andezel View Post
    I plan on taking the intermediate class this year also. The same place that hosted my MSF course is hosting an intermediate class now..
    Rear Wheel Horsepower = 187.3

Lbs of Torque = 110.7

Top Recorded Speed = 200.4 M.P.H.

Mods: Two Brother's Exhaust, Chrome Wheels, Galfer Steel Braided Brake lines, Flashed & De-Restricted ECU

Tires: Dunlop Q2's Oil: Synthetic

Achievements: Tail of the Dragon Slayer, Track Day Survivor & Official member of the 200MPH Club.

Bike Visits: IN, OH, IL, KY, TN, NC, GA

Default Intermediate Riding Course

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
    I plan on taking the intermediate class this year also. The same place that hosted my MSF course is hosting an intermediate class now..
    Yea now that I have about a year under my belt think I'm gonna do the same

Here also! I feel I can do everything (well except maybe the figure 8 still)!
    But I feel might be good just to go back atleast every other year for refreshers and to maybe knock out any incorrect procedures I have started using on some of these things before begin being too far ingrained. Besides, around here the ERC or BRC2 is only $55 if you do it at a community college.

Current DB Windshield, Immortal Graphix Clear Tank Pad, TapeWorks Reflective Wheel Stripes, Lightning Performance Sliders, T-REX Spools, MotoCentric Sport Saddle, Givi V46, GTI-R HID Projector, Banshee Horn, Speigler Blue Brake lines, Rizoma Engine & Crank Case Guards.

Desired Givi V35. Puig Touring Windscreen, TechSpec Tank Grips, Rizoma F/E, +1/0 Sprockets, New Clutch/Brake Levers.

Is that the ABATE ERC? I did the ERC in Terre Haute in 2010. I thought about doing the ERC again either in Indy or TH now that i have my FZ6R. Both are an hour away but the course is so cheap and I think it is worthwhile.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Invader Jim View Post
    Is that the ABATE ERC? I did the ERC in Terre Haute in 2010. I thought about doing the ERC again either in Indy or TH now that i have my FZ6R. Both are an hour away but the course is so cheap and I think it is worthwhile.
    I'm not even sure. ABATE is the first class but they market this one as intermediate class but don't attach the abate name to it in any way. Heck, I'm going to call them and repost some info..

(picking up phone now)
    Rear Wheel Horsepower = 187.3

Lbs of Torque = 110.7

Top Recorded Speed = 200.4 M.P.H.

Mods: Two Brother's Exhaust, Chrome Wheels, Galfer Steel Braided Brake lines, Flashed & De-Restricted ECU

Tires: Dunlop Q2's Oil: Synthetic

Achievements: Tail of the Dragon Slayer, Track Day Survivor & Official member of the 200MPH Club.

Bike Visits: IN, OH, IL, KY, TN, NC, GA