Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Marthy's PCV Maps

Default Marthy's PCV Maps

Hey everyone,

I've offered to host Marthy's PCV maps on my website, I figured it would be easier for everyone to put them in one place instead of having Martin email them to everyone. This first wave is for the Viper can. I'll be working on getting an actual small site setup for these.

Here's what Martin has sent to me in regards to the maps (hope he doesn't mind that I post this)...

Quote Originally Posted by Marthy
    Here's few things about those maps. First of all, this is the best I could come up with. I made 3 maps. They are pretty much all the same, the only difference are the crusing range (4500 to 7000, 5 to 20%) in the "Touring" version. With those numbers (+5) the bike run good and it's on the safe side. (I ran 0 for a 150 miles trip yesterday and everything was fine. I just felt it was right on the edge...) Using +5 should be on the safe side for everyone.

The advance gear feature is the best of both world. Instead of having a "MAP SWITCH" and alter from Sport to Touring map, it does it for you. Gear 1 to 5 are preset with the Sport map. 6th gear is preset with Touring map. It can be change for your needs. I migh change mine for 4th, 5th and 6th with the touring map... Or just change the crusing mode to +10 for 4th & 5th. You have the idea, it can be change for what ever needs... I will suggest to always save on a different name if you make any changes, it's easier to track back your progress or go back where you were if you don't like the changes. One thing here, if you don't use the stock gearing you need to connect the Speed/Gear sensor to the PCV and recalibrate your SCALLAR number. Read instruction in the PCV manual.

Now here's few piece of advise about the Acceration Pump feature. The 75%, 30Rev & 20% are, what I would consider, agressive setting. Since the bike is quite detune and under power, for the experience rider they are very manageable. It gives a solid punch on hard acceleration.

Now for the less experience rider... I hope those will be honest with them self. Try the map without the A/P feature for a bit, then use the intermediate setting... make you're way up to it. With the "expert" setting (had to give it some sort of name) you can't just dump the throttle like you use too with the stock bike, espacially coming out of a corner (still leaning...) You need to have some throttle control.

Enjoy the ride... and be safe!
    Now for the links...

Viper Touring Map
    Viper Sport Map
    Viper Advanced Gear Map
    All of the Viper Maps

Viper Touring Map - Revision A
    Viper Sport Map - Revision A
    Viper Advanced Gear Map - Revision A
    All of the Viper Maps - Revision A

Viper Touring Map - Revision B
    Viper Sport Map - Revision B
    Viper Advanced Gear Map - Revision B
    All of the Viper Maps - Revision B

I hate to have to add one of these, but it's to cover our a$$...

Quote Originally Posted by DISCLAIMER
    Please be careful while modding your bike. Use these maps at your own risk. Even though these maps have been tested and do work, we won't be responsible if something were to happen to you or your bike due to the use of these maps. If you have any questions regarding these maps we strongly suggest you PM Marthy.
    Thanks!
    Last edited by Diluted; 02-20-2011 at 12:42 PM. Reason: Added Disclaimer
    Chris
    iR Frame Sliders // Targa FE // 6000K HID // Clear Double Bubble // Spiegler SS Brake Lines

Wow, those are the fattest maps I've seen on any year model of any motorcycle.

How were they made? eg: dyno type, O2 or 4/5 Gas EGA?
    Pete

'13 Moto Guzzi Stelvio NTX
    '12 Aprilia Tuono V4 ARPC
    '05 R6 Track Bike
    '88 Yamaha RD350 - Canadian
    '82 Yamaha XV1100R - Project Bike

Sung to the tune of Spiderman.......

DynoButt, DynoButt,
    Does whatever a Dyno can
    Makes a map, any size,
    Explosive acceleration the bike just flys
    Look Out!
    Here comes the DynoButt.

Is he smart?
    Listen bud,
    He's got explosive blood.
    Can he map your bikes best power
    Don’t look now red light flashing.
    Hey, there
    There goes the DynoButt.

In the chill of night
    With the App and a map
    Like a streak of light
    TBRs got nothing on him.

DynoButt, DynoButt
    Friendly neighborhood DynoButt
    Wealth and fame
    He's so far been denied
    Speeding like the Devil is his reward.

To him, life is a great big ECU map
    Whenever there's a change
    You'll find the DynoButt.
    John

1999 Triumph Daytona 955i, HQ shorty levers, D3 grips, Gorilla 8017 alarm, SkyKing frame sliders, Sixity scintered bronze brake pads F/R, R&G rear axle sliders, Galfer wave rear rotor, Hella Fwy horn, PowerBronze chain guard/hugger, 02' R6 Throttle tube, Dunlop Sportmax Q2 tires, dual 55 watt HID.

Went on a ride with Marthy's advanced gear map and power wheelies are easy on first gear. Thanks for emailing me Marthy!
    09 Raven FZ6R: Steel braided lines, Sintered pads, 03 R6 Headers with Viper can, PCV w/ custom butt-dynoed map, Targa FE

Quote Originally Posted by Diluted View Post
    Hey everyone,

I've offered to host Marthy's PCV maps on my website, I figured it would be easier for everyone to put them in one place instead of having Martin email them to everyone. This first wave is for the Viper can. I'll be working on getting an actual small site setup for these.

Here's what Martin has sent to me in regards to the maps (hope he doesn't mind that I post this)...

Now for the links...

Viper Touring Map
    Viper Sport Map
    Viper Advanced Gear Map
    All of the Viper Maps

I hate to have to add one of these, but it's to cover our a$$...

Thanks!
    Thanks Chris. I like the disclaimer part... This is why I was trying to give some good advise... It won't make it a FZ6RR but the gain is quite noticeable.

Martin

Life is all about attitude. Be hard on yourself, easy on others.

FZ6R sold...

Quote Originally Posted by Hellgate View Post
    Wow, those are the fattest maps I've seen on any year model of any motorcycle.

How were they made? eg: dyno type, O2 or 4/5 Gas EGA?
    I used Auto tune and Buttdyno. I agree with you the map is quite fat, maybe it need some work still. But you need to take in consideration that this engine is quite de-tune... it run lean stock. So for a 13.3FR AT require another 10 in soma area in the low rpm. I didn't notice any gain pass 25% or so. The engine like to run on the fat side on the lower rpm. Run lot more smooth and torquier too.

I don't claim that this map is as good as it can get. But it's the best I found so far. The bottom line is, it work great! You should try it...

Martin

FZ6R sold...

Marthy thanks for the maps! The Postman left a card today for my PCV and Autotune! Hopefully will be installing tomorrow, and gonna use your maps and try to fiddle a little bit with them, see how it goes...

Cheers mate!
    Only a motorcyclist knows why a dog sticks its head out of a car window.

2009 Yamaha XJ6S Lava Red/ Leo Vince 8232 full exhaust / MRA Vario Touring Screen / Powerlet 12v Socket / MFW Vario Footpeg system / SW-Motech GPS mount / Techspec Tank Grips and Tank Protector / PCV and Autotune / DDM HID 4300 k

Quote Originally Posted by Marthy View Post
    I used Auto tune and Buttdyno. I agree with you the map is quite fat, maybe it need some work still. But you need to take in consideration that this engine is quite de-tune... it run lean stock. So for a 13.3FR AT require another 10 in soma area in the low rpm. I didn't notice any gain pass 25% or so. The engine like to run on the fat side on the lower rpm. Run lot more smooth and torquier too.

I don't claim that this map is as good as it can get. But it's the best I found so far. The bottom line is, it work great! You should try it...
    Don't think that de-tuned means less fuel is being delivered. De-tuned is less cam profile, cam overlap, smaller throttle bodies, etc. Yamaha actual tunes it's street bikes a little on the fat side and cleans them with CATs, hence CATs in the header and the pipe. On my FZ1, FZ6, and R6 we actually took out more fuel across the map than what was added. Remember the old racers saying, "Lean is mean."
    Last edited by Hellgate; 02-14-2011 at 07:50 AM.
    Pete

'13 Moto Guzzi Stelvio NTX
    '12 Aprilia Tuono V4 ARPC
    '05 R6 Track Bike
    '88 Yamaha RD350 - Canadian
    '82 Yamaha XV1100R - Project Bike

Quote Originally Posted by Hellgate View Post
    Don't think that de-tuned means less fuel is being delivered. De-tuned is less cam profile, cam overlap, smaller throttle bodies, etc. Yamaha actual tunes it's street bikes a little on the fat side and cleans them with CATs, hence CATs in the header and the pipe. On my FZ1, FZ6, and R6 we actually took out more fuel than what was added. to the stock map. Remember the old racers saying, "Lean is mean."
    I've been tuning carbs for the last 20 years... I know and agree with you. Lean give you better throttle response. I did went that route too with the 6R. I wasn't getting anything good out of it. After 2-3 weeks of messing with it I went the other way around. I pretty much sit down with all the maps available + the ones I worked on and start from scratch. This is when I start progressing in the right direction. I just got better and better. I didn't try the Acc Pump feature until very recently, not until I felt like the map was getting close to be done.

I still have some work... perfection is not a state of being. It's a idea that we have to keep working harder towards a common goal, perfection. I'm telling you, the map is smooth and pull very strong from 4K... Dropping the hammer at 7500 will put a big smile in your face, and the front wheel off the ground... I heard!

Martin

FZ6R sold...

Exclamation

ok.. guys.. i have to admit it.. i don't know what are maps... don't know how to use them..!! what good are they for.. !! i don't know anything about them.! can anyone give me some knowledge about them.. of course i can grab the manuals but.... i got lot to figure out already
    many thanks

Page 1 of 25 12311 ... LastLast