Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Marthy's PCV Maps

New maps are up in my original post. I left the first maps in case anyone may want to check them out and compare.
    Chris
    iR Frame Sliders // Targa FE // 6000K HID // Clear Double Bubble // Spiegler SS Brake Lines

Revision B maps are now up!

Quote Originally Posted by Marthy
    Sorry for all those rev... I think I got it now. Someone suggest me to dump some fuel in the 0 column to eliminate the poping in the exhaust. It seams like making sence back then, but I've been carying that mistake for the last month or so. So finally I fix the flat spot in the 2% and 5%. Now it's all smooth on the bottom end and when you get back on the throttle.

So the RevB should fix all the issues. I gave it a good try and I had no complain... lol I had to park her away for the night... I was getting a bit too much exited... or stupid!

What a difference in power... I still can't beleive it!

Marthy
    Chris
    iR Frame Sliders // Targa FE // 6000K HID // Clear Double Bubble // Spiegler SS Brake Lines

Quote Originally Posted by Diluted View Post
    Hey everyone,

I've offered to host Marthy's PCV maps on my website, I figured it would be easier for everyone to put them in one place instead of having Martin email them to everyone. This first wave is for the Viper can. I'll be working on getting an actual small site setup for these.

Here's what Martin has sent to me in regards to the maps (hope he doesn't mind that I post this)...

Now for the links...

Viper Touring Map
    Viper Sport Map
    Viper Advanced Gear Map
    All of the Viper Maps

Viper Touring Map - Revision A
    Viper Sport Map - Revision A
    Viper Advanced Gear Map - Revision A
    All of the Viper Maps - Revision A

Viper Touring Map - Revision B
    Viper Sport Map - Revision B
    Viper Advanced Gear Map - Revision B
    All of the Viper Maps - Revision B

I hate to have to add one of these, but it's to cover our a$$...

Thanks!
    Little update here...

For those who are using TB pro, according to Mish42 Rev A map work great with your system. The mid range is a little rich but since Acc Pump feature is not available with TBPro it kind of work good. Might not be MPG friendly... Ah well. No pain, no gain.

Also, I'm working on a Touring RevC (I call it the JK Special) Since my friend here want to have better gas mileage on weekdays. Touring RevB get around 48 MPG on my ride and driving style. Let's see what I can get out of RevC... I might be able to brake the 50 MPG. Might come handy later on... the way things are going, by the time some of you take your bikes out, the price of gas might end up in the mid $4.00...

Safe Riding!

One more thing. On the first few maps I did add fuel in the 0% column to get rid of exhaust popping. Big mistake!!! You need to change all that for 0 values and live with a little pop here and there. What happen, every time the engine rev down with throttle close it was adding fuel to avoid popping. So every time you get back on the throttle there's always a lag in the throttle response (time to clean up the plugs...) before the engine start kicking in again.
    Last edited by Marthy; 02-28-2011 at 05:54 AM.

Martin

Life is all about attitude. Be hard on yourself, easy on others.

FZ6R sold...

what values did you guys stick in for the acc pump
    Kyle

Marthy, some fantastic work here. I'm sure I speak for every one when I say many thanks for completing these maps.

I am very interested in getting the PCV and trying some of the maps but I don't have a viper can. My exhaust is getting modded on Thursday. My muffler man is cutting the stock exhaust at the point that the 4 becomes 2 to 1 pipe, pretty much at where the CAT starts, removing the stock black box, the CAT will be left in place and then a single pipe will be welded onto this with the CAT still in place (to still give back pressure and muffle the sound so it is not obnoxiously loud), this will then be attached to a scorpion oval can. Do you think that these maps will work with this set up if I have the PCV?

Many thanks in advance

Ledgini
    Gunmetal XJ6 Diversion / Colour coded fairing lowers / Powerbronze dark tint double bubble screen / Fender eliminator / Diamond LED indicators / Smoke front indicators / Stock Modded Exhaust / DataTool Alarm / Avon Storm Tyres

Gear - Black AGV Ti-Tech Helmet with Black Visor, AlpineStars SP Leather Jacket, AlpineStars SM5 Boots, AlpineStars SP1 gloves, Draggin Jeans Kevlar Camo Trousers

Quote Originally Posted by Ledgini View Post
    Marthy, some fantastic work here. I'm sure I speak for every one when I say many thanks for completing these maps.

I am very interested in getting the PCV and trying some of the maps but I don't have a viper can. My exhaust is getting modded on Thursday. My muffler man is cutting the stock exhaust at the point that the 4 becomes 2 to 1 pipe, pretty much at where the CAT starts, removing the stock black box, the CAT will be left in place and then a single pipe will be welded onto this with the CAT still in place (to still give back pressure and muffle the sound so it is not obnoxiously loud), this will then be attached to a scorpion oval can. Do you think that these maps will work with this set up if I have the PCV?

Many thanks in advance

Ledgini
    Good morning Mate!

I would think those map would work with any "open" exhaust. Advgear RevB is one of the favorite power map. It's been working good with Viper and GTYR can. Advgear RevA had great result too with the Two Brother Pro fuel managment and full exhaust, it also one of my favorite... The only down side is those map will give you anywhere from 35-38 MPG!

So I suggest you to get the map switch (PCV allowed you to select 2 different map on the fly) Touring RevB is good with excellent power pass 20% throttle. Touring RevC is a bit more flat but good MPG. Now I'm working on Touring RevD to try to brake in the 50 MPG (I'm at 47 now...)

Other sweet feature is the Accelerator Pump... I haven't found "the optimal setting" All depend witch map you are using. Anywhere between 15%-20% is good. I haven't found any gain pass this point.

Martin

FZ6R sold...

Marthy do you have the rev c available? Question about the PCV, I loaded the software onto my computer and put ypur maps in the folder. I used the open map function and then used the send map ( I had the PCV plugged into the computer bike off key off) and it didn't seem like anything happened. Do I have to have the bike running or atleast the key on? I ran it with the GYTR and R6 headers and it seemed to be quite rich smoking a lot. Maybe I didn't upload it, I have block off plates on with the PCV.

Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by justgiver View Post
    Marthy do you have the rev c available? Question about the PCV, I loaded the software onto my computer and put ypur maps in the folder. I used the open map function and then used the send map ( I had the PCV plugged into the computer bike off key off) and it didn't seem like anything happened. Do I have to have the bike running or atleast the key on? I ran it with the GYTR and R6 headers and it seemed to be quite rich smoking a lot. Maybe I didn't upload it, I have block off plates on with the PCV.

Any suggestions?
    You don't have to have the bike running or the key on. Just plug in! If you plug in and clic GET MAP you will get what's in the PCV, just to double check. Advgear RevB or Touring be should be good. It does run rich at the beginning, nothing you can do about it... it's the cold start from factory. Everything get better over 170F. It will smell gas a little compare to the stock exhaust too. You can get Touring RevC on my web page...

Once you're connected to the bike, open PCV software. Then open the map that you want, click SEND MAP. You can always click GET MAP to make sure it loaded propely...

Let me know how it goes...

Martin

FZ6R sold...

Has anyone used these maps with a TBR exhaust? If so, are you getting similar results? I've installed my TBR but not the PCV yet because I don't want my mpg's to tank. I plan to install a switch so I can use both a performance setting and an economy setting. Speaking of which, can you switch settings on the fly?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by RedDeadRaven View Post
    Has anyone used these maps with a TBR exhaust? If so, are you getting similar results? I've installed my TBR but not the PCV yet because I don't want my mpg's to tank. I plan to install a switch so I can use both a performance setting and an economy setting. Speaking of which, can you switch settings on the fly?
    Thanks
    PCV permit you to load 2 different maps that can be change on the fly. All you need is a regular on/off switch and follow the instruction. You can get there own switch that come with a handlebar bracket for $30.00ish.

Someone tried the RevA with the TB Pro and had good result. My guess is RevB with the Acceleration pump enable should get you about the same result.

I'm getting about 46-47 MPG out of Touring RevD. If you use Avance Gear )Advgear RevB) you have 1 map per gear. Sport map for 1-4 and Touring map for 5 & 6... best of both world.

Martin

FZ6R sold...

Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast