Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Marthy's PCV Maps

Quote Originally Posted by jay View Post
    ok.. guys.. i have to admit it.. i don't know what are maps... don't know how to use them..!! what good are they for.. !! i don't know anything about them.! can anyone give me some knowledge about them.. of course i can grab the manuals but.... i got lot to figure out already
    many thanks
    They're for people with a Power Commander. The map tells the controller how much fuel to supply the engine and when.
    Chris
    iR Frame Sliders // Targa FE // 6000K HID // Clear Double Bubble // Spiegler SS Brake Lines

Any feed back on the PCV Viper map? I'm still working on it, especially the 2% and 5%. I notice few flat spot around 5K. Just trying to get it perfect.

Also, is there anyone out there with a TB Full exhaust / PCV that is willing to give it a shot? Just curious about if it work good with that setup. It's very similar to the Viper can.

Thanks everyone.
    Marthy.

Martin

Life is all about attitude. Be hard on yourself, easy on others.

FZ6R sold...

Hey Marthy, any tips on installing the PCV? Received everything today, but the instructions tell me I need to splice into the Speed and Temp sensor wires. Is that mandatory or optional? I'm not that good soldering wires

Has anyone installed a PCV and a HID kit? I noticed that the proposed location for the PCV in the frame is where I installed the HID Ballast, was wondering if anyone has encountered the same problem and found any other suitable location.

Thanks in advance for any help
    Only a motorcyclist knows why a dog sticks its head out of a car window.

2009 Yamaha XJ6S Lava Red/ Leo Vince 8232 full exhaust / MRA Vario Touring Screen / Powerlet 12v Socket / MFW Vario Footpeg system / SW-Motech GPS mount / Techspec Tank Grips and Tank Protector / PCV and Autotune / DDM HID 4300 k

Quote Originally Posted by ajiribarren View Post
    Hey Marthy, any tips on installing the PCV? Received everything today, but the instructions tell me I need to splice into the Speed and Temp sensor wires. Is that mandatory or optional? I'm not that good soldering wires

Has anyone installed a PCV and a HID kit? I noticed that the proposed location for the PCV in the frame is where I installed the HID Ballast, was wondering if anyone has encountered the same problem and found any other suitable location.

You don't have to splice any wires for the PCV. The connections are plug and play. I also did not mount the PCV onto the frame. Instead I have it inside the passenger seat storage compartment.
    09 Raven FZ6R: Steel braided lines, Sintered pads, 03 R6 Headers with Viper can, PCV w/ custom butt-dynoed map, Targa FE

You don't need the speed/gear ratio connected if you keep the stock gearing. Connect the connectors, secure the PCV as shown in the instructions. It won't fit under the seat with the AT. (Unfortunately) Load your map, calibrate your TPS.

Very strait forward deal. I'm sure you will figure it out! Have fun, be safe!

Martin

FZ6R sold...

So far I'm enjoying the map you sent me. Good power and good feel. The first time I punched it getting on the freeway in 2nd gear and lifted the front tire a touch, I couldn't stop grinning. The only odd thing is it seems to sputter a little with minimal throttle at about 5000 rpm (like if I'm backing off and cruising in a residential neighborhood.) Also my fuel milage has gone to shit when I'm riding hard. Now granted, I'm pushing the bike harder, rarely dropping below 8000 RPM, accelerating hard out of turns, etc... (See the clips on my vimeo page) so I usually loose a bit of milage. But Saturday my F-Trip started blinking at 115 miles. I'm going to put in the new sport map you sent for weekend riding and try that and I'm also going to put the touring map in during the week for commuting.
    09 Raven FZ6R / Bridgestone S20's / T-Rex Sliders & Spools / R6 Mirrors / LP Flushmounts / DDM HID / ProGrip Grips & CF Tank Pad / StompGrip / ASV Levers / GYTR Tinted DB Windscreen / GYTR CF Exhaust / DynoJet PCV / Marthy Maps / K&N Filters / NGK Iridium Plugs / Driven Lightened Sprockets / EK Chain / RaceTech Suspension / MFW Vario Pegs / EBC HH Brake Pads / Goodridge SS Lines

A-stars Carver / Sidi Boots / RACER High Racer Gloves / Nexx XR1R Carbon

Vimeo

HID ballast on the left and the PCV on the right just behind the steering head.
    John

1999 Triumph Daytona 955i, HQ shorty levers, D3 grips, Gorilla 8017 alarm, SkyKing frame sliders, Sixity scintered bronze brake pads F/R, R&G rear axle sliders, Galfer wave rear rotor, Hella Fwy horn, PowerBronze chain guard/hugger, 02' R6 Throttle tube, Dunlop Sportmax Q2 tires, dual 55 watt HID.

Quote Originally Posted by JonKerr View Post
    So far I'm enjoying the map you sent me. Good power and good feel. The first time I punched it getting on the freeway in 2nd gear and lifted the front tire a touch, I couldn't stop grinning. The only odd thing is it seems to sputter a little with minimal throttle at about 5000 rpm (like if I'm backing off and cruising in a residential neighborhood.) Also my fuel milage has gone to shit when I'm riding hard. Now granted, I'm pushing the bike harder, rarely dropping below 8000 RPM, accelerating hard out of turns, etc... (See the clips on my vimeo page) so I usually loose a bit of milage. But Saturday my F-Trip started blinking at 115 miles. I'm going to put in the new sport map you sent for weekend riding and try that and I'm also going to put the touring map in during the week for commuting.
    Thanks for the feedback! I did notice the same thing also around 5K. I think I fix the issue. I'm just putting more miles on it to make sure everything is perfect now.

If you use the Advance Gear map, the first 5 gears is Sports amp and 6th is touring for freeway. I lean her out from 4500 to 7000 rpm. How much do you rev on freeway at cruising speed? 7000 for me is 92 mph... I might need to put this map in 5th or 4th to try it on higher rev... Give me a day or two and I will send you the Viper map RevA.

After my morning ride to work, I believe the problem is all fix! Let me ride it a little more tonight... I want to make sure it's all perfect this time. I know this how Microsoft rule... but I tried to have it perfect on the first try. This is a little issue that I carry from the Supertrapp setup. The Supertrapp map never been perfect to my liking, but had a good punch. Not as smooth as this one. I might have to try the Supertrapp again with this map. I'm really debating between the Supertrapp and Viper. They both have pros & cons. I feel like the Supertrapp has a better mid range but fade a bit aroung 11000. The Viper sound like madness at top end and has a nice rumble at low rpm. The Supertrapp is quite nice too. Just higher pitch.
    Last edited by Marthy; 02-16-2011 at 09:56 AM.

Martin

FZ6R sold...

Yeah I think 5th and 6th should probably be touring tuned. I never hit 5th when I'm riding aggressively in the canyons and am using the advantages of the sport tune. Considering 4th gear at 11,000 rpm is 100 mph, I don't need an aggressive 5th gear in the canyons. But 5th and 6th are what I stay in on the freeways, and when commuting, I actually ride in 5th more than 6th because I like being a bit higher in the rev's so I can squirt out of the way when needed. But at the same time, I commute to save money on gas.
    09 Raven FZ6R / Bridgestone S20's / T-Rex Sliders & Spools / R6 Mirrors / LP Flushmounts / DDM HID / ProGrip Grips & CF Tank Pad / StompGrip / ASV Levers / GYTR Tinted DB Windscreen / GYTR CF Exhaust / DynoJet PCV / Marthy Maps / K&N Filters / NGK Iridium Plugs / Driven Lightened Sprockets / EK Chain / RaceTech Suspension / MFW Vario Pegs / EBC HH Brake Pads / Goodridge SS Lines

A-stars Carver / Sidi Boots / RACER High Racer Gloves / Nexx XR1R Carbon

Vimeo

All 3 - 6R Viper map Rev. A should be out soon. That should fix the little flat spot around 5000 RPM.

Also as JK suggest, 5th and 6th gears are Touring map now. Just so you all know the Touring map is leaner below 20% throttle, but still has all the "juice" you need when you're over 20%... for those moments!

Ride safe!

Martin

FZ6R sold...

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast