Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: HOWTO: Install Graves AIS Blockoffs

Quote Originally Posted by TexanFZ6R View Post
    I installed mine today (not graves, but block off plates none the less). I'm not happy with it. I expected a good decrease in the popping sound. It is definitely different, but not any better. It actually sounds like a backfire now. Seems like an actual dyno tune is the best thing I can do at this point. I HATE HATE HATE the popping lol. I expected too much out of this I guess.

Anyways, I have a tip for those of you who haven't done this yet. You don't need to remove the tank or even set it off to the side. Just undo the two front tank bolts, tiltt the tank back and undo the two electrical connectors, and put something (like a backpack) where the seats would be. I don't have a rear stand so my bike was leaning to the side. To keep the tank from slipping to the side at all, I used a short bungee cord (like the picture shows)
    Which map are you running? I have a viper exhaust, fz6 cams, airbox mod, vstacks, etc with very little popping. I get some under really hard decel, but not a lot. Under normal riding I get little to none. I am running a map specifically for my setup, but not dyno tuned. Which is love to do (should be hitting 80+ rwhp). I ran advanced gear rev b , before I changed cams. Also running pc5 for fueling.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Mods: /Shogun Sliders/ C. Werkes FE/ ZX6R Mirrors/ Flushmounts/ POW Tank Pad/ PC5/ Driven BO's/ Shorty Levers/ Kuryakyn Throttle Lock - Bar Ends/ AHR - HID/ LEDs-Air Scoop/ T-rex Spools/ Woodcraft Clip-Ons/ Kuryakyn ISO Grips/ Puig Racing Screen/ Ram Mount/ / Stompgrip/ Red Rim Stripes/ Red Spike Bolts/ CF Gas Cap Cover/Billet Alum. Pegs/ MD Integrated Taillight/ Healtech GiPro GI/Airbox Mod/ Short V Stacks/ FZ6 Cams/ Galfer Stainless Braided Brake Lines/ Volar Sintered HH pads/ Ogio tailbag

Quote Originally Posted by Scott_Thomas View Post
    Which map are you running? I have a viper exhaust, fz6 cams, airbox mod, vstacks, etc with very little popping. I get some under really hard decel, but not a lot. Under normal riding I get little to none. I am running a map specifically for my setup, but not dyno tuned. Which is love to do (should be hitting 80+ rwhp). I ran advanced gear rev b , before I changed cams. Also running pc5 for fueling.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    Marthy's adv gear rev b on the pcV. Two bros exhaust, stock air filter, block off plates. It's not horrible. After riding it few days it really did get rid of a lot. I notice it pops a lot under deccel around 4grand. I think I just expected it to eliminate almost all of the popping. When I went for a test ride and hear popping it pissed me off. It took me an hour in 95 degree humid weather and I was disappointed lol.

I did this mod two months ago using black path aluminum plates. I also have the marthy exhaust. I rarely get a pop now and when I do it's only a quick pop or two, and after decelerating from hard riding. Are you sure they seated properly? Did you seal off that casing nipple after installing the plates as well?

Quote Originally Posted by TN6R View Post
    I did this mod two months ago using black path aluminum plates. I also have the marthy exhaust. I rarely get a pop now and when I do it's only a quick pop or two, and after decelerating from hard riding. Are you sure they seated properly? Did you seal off that casing nipple after installing the plates as well?
    The nipple on the airbox lid?

If so, yes. The rubber cap they sent was a little snug and I think there was a small tear in the side from me trying to get it on. But the small tear is near the open end of the cap itself with plenty of "meat" left. So I don't think that's the problem

You might have to go to the dyno and tune the popping out completely. I'm not using a power commander or other type of fuel controller so that may be the difference. I know marthy' maps are good but they aren't tuned to your specific bike's exact mods or specs. I think that's how it is anyway. I remember tuning one of my cars way back after hopping it up and I used one of the admin's maps which was a general plug and play. It didn't work for me too well so I dyno tuned it and it was perfect after. Good luck with it whichever way you go.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678