Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The SEARCH feature

There are 51 sections in this forum/site in which to make contributions in ?, I make no apology for repeating this THIS SITE IS WAAAAAY TOO BIG, I'll make a suggestion for 5 sections

1 General discussion (guns, movies, girlfriends, pizza etc, oh and biking stuff)

2 the workshop

3 Buying/selling/recomendations/Vendors/experiences

4 Events/meetings/rideouts

5 Forum help

motto: K I S S

Ok a 6 section site

6 Gallery/videos

cos we like vids

Bloody juveniles ! Kids plan jaw-dropping train prank - Norway's misspent youth in action - on BoreMe

Quote Originally Posted by Barkwindjammer View Post
    There are 51 sections in this forum/site in which to make contributions in ?, I make no apology for repeating this THIS SITE IS WAAAAAY TOO BIG, I'll make a suggestion for 5 sections

1 General discussion (guns, movies, girlfriends, pizza etc, oh and biking stuff)

2 the workshop

3 Buying/selling/recomendations/Vendors/experiences

4 Events/meetings/rideouts

5 Forum help

motto: K I S S
    You seem to be the only one having difficulty with the size of the site. Yes, there are a large number of sections, but you can easily tell which ones have threads in them and which ones do not. They are clearly labeled with icons as well as thread/post counts.

The reason there are so many sections is to simplify things as we grow. As the number of members increases, the number of threads and posts will increase. If your logic were true, 51 sections could be condensed into 5-6. However, that means that topics related to the bikes would be lumped into the same section that contained topics about our favorite foods. That means you will have to search through multiple pages of the same section just to find threads related to a given topic. That seems less efficient than having multiple sections devoted to specific areas of interest. At least this way I can see which bike-related areas have new threads/posts without wading through endless pages about how awesome the latest movies were or how some idiot did something stupid on youtube.

That's just my opinion.

Robert

2009 Cadmium Yellow FZ6R//Intuitive Racing No-Cut Frame Sliders//Driven AIS Blockoff Plates//Custom Garage Door Opener//Custom Painted Windscreen//Making the move to a more stock setup...

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by 99vengeur View Post
    At least this way I can see which bike-related areas have new threads/posts without wading through endless pages about how awesome the latest movies were or how some idiot did something stupid on youtube.

That's just my opinion.
    THAT'S RIGHT!! That's your opinion!!!

I love watching jackarses on youtube ))
    Always remember the three S's: SAFE, SMOOTH & SEXY

I'm happy with this site as is. Moderators are attentive and it seems easy enough to navigate through........IMO

Quote Originally Posted by joloy133 View Post
    I'm happy with this site as is. Moderators are attentive and it seems easy enough to navigate through........IMO
    Ok, scenario: you've not been on forum for a couple of days, you have a slight recollection about a post where someone mentioned a seat that they had custom made, this was posted in the section USA/USA northeast-however this is the vital bit of information that you dont remember-so you type 'seat' into search and what are you confronted with?, yep thats right lots and lots of threads that 'seem familiar', so you start to pick your way through trying to find what it was you were looking for.

Time will tell if I'm talking out my chocolate starfish,

I'm not criticising in a negative form, on the contrary.

Blog Entries

Ok, scenario: you've not been on forum for a couple of days, you have a slight recollection about a post where someone mentioned a seat that they had custom made, this was posted in the section USA/USA northeast-however this is the vital bit of information that you dont remember-so you type 'seat' into search and what are you confronted with?, yep thats right lots and lots of threads that 'seem familiar', so you start to pick your way through trying to find what it was you were looking for.

I'm not criticising in a negative form, on the contrary.
    "Thread tools/ Subscribe to thread"... works as a reminder when you want to come back to a specific thread.
    Also, "Home button" on the toolbar will show the latest threads, regardless of section.

so you type 'seat' into search and what are you confronted with?, yep that's right lots and lots of threads that 'seem familiar', so you start to pick your way through trying to find what it was you were looking for.
    As tedious as you make that out to be... I've learned far more and had so many questions answered that I had yet to think of by reading ALL the way through those "familiar" threads.
    2009 FZ6R Yamaha Blue! // Targa FE // Driven Sprocket Conversion -1/+2 // R6s Mirrors // Rim Stripes // Speedohealer//Flushies!

I'm not criticizing in a negative form, on the contrary.
    If that is the case, then you should blame the person that made the thread for putting it in the wrong section. A custom seat would go under the "Mods or Vendors" section, depending on if they made it themselves or bought it, duh! Just kidding.

No, in all seriousness, a less vague search would probably turn up what you were looking for. And like the others said, you can always subscribe to an interesting thread.

Robert

2009 Cadmium Yellow FZ6R//Intuitive Racing No-Cut Frame Sliders//Driven AIS Blockoff Plates//Custom Garage Door Opener//Custom Painted Windscreen//Making the move to a more stock setup...

I hear what your saying, so why is this post started in FZ6R GENERAL DISCUSSION, should it not be posted in the BAR,, if there was a FORUM HELP section it would fit in there perfectly,
    every town and city all over the planet has a library, these have been around since antiquity-go along and have a look, are there 51 sections to contain all that wisdom and knowledge?.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast