Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Battery Charger

Quote Originally Posted by AndoniKov View Post
    Hey guys I just bought the Duraboost Battery Charger/ Maintainer 750 from Cycle Gear. Anyone is using this Charger now or in the past? Its any good for my Motorcycle? I appreciated any feedback. Thanks.
    Here's the link: DURABOOST - Battery Maintainer 750 - Battery Chargers - Batteries - Parts - Cycle Gear
    should work just fine. although I would test it - once it shows fully charged and in maintain mode, take it off and see what the battery reads. if you don't have a multimeter yet, harbor freight always has free coupons for them
    Speed - ZX10R, Comfort - Vulcan750, Combined - FZ1
    -the older I get, the faster I was!

Some years ago after much research I purchased an intelligent battery charger for AA and AAA batteries from PowerEx, the MH-C9000. It was expensive. You can buy chargers that are a lot cheaper.

It brought back to life ďdeadĒ batteries. It will condition and refresh and analyze rechargeable batteries. Will not overcharge. Itís worked very well for me over the years.

Since then Iíve become a believer in chargers that have some intelligence built in. I bought the Optimate 4. It was more than I wanted to spend but seemed more in line with what I wanted in a battery charger/tender. Been in use for only a month. I expect many years of good service from it. Only time will tell.

My first real post. Never expected it to be on chargers.

George

3. Thanks engineerpilotdude thanked for this post

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    Some years ago after much research I purchased an intelligent battery charger for AA and AAA batteries from PowerEx, the MH-C9000. It was expensive. You can buy chargers that are a lot cheaper.

It brought back to life ďdeadĒ batteries. It will condition and refresh and analyze rechargeable batteries. Will not overcharge. Itís worked very well for me over the years.

Since then Iíve become a believer in chargers that have some intelligence built in. I bought the Optimate 4. It was more than I wanted to spend but seemed more in line with what I wanted in a battery charger/tender. Been in use for only a month. I expect many years of good service from it. Only time will tell.

My first real post. Never expected it to be on chargers.

George
    same thing is available for bike/car charger/maintainers, called desulfation mode
    Speed - ZX10R, Comfort - Vulcan750, Combined - FZ1
    -the older I get, the faster I was!

5. Likes engineerpilotdude liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by Fizzer6R View Post
    should work just fine. although I would test it - once it shows fully charged and in maintain mode, take it off and see what the battery reads. if you don't have a multimeter yet, harbor freight always has free coupons for them
    Good idea, make sense, Thanks.

Hey guys I just bought the Duraboost Battery Charger/ Maintainer 750 from Cycle Gear. Anyone is using this Charger now or in the past? Its any good for my Motorcycle? I appreciated any feedback. Thanks.
    Here's the link: DURABOOST - Battery Maintainer 750 - Battery Chargers - Batteries - Parts - Cycle Gear
    Someone else ???----------Bump

Someone else ???----------Bump
    I have the battery tender jr. for my fz and another one i dont recall the brand on that came with my cruiser. Both seem identical and go green after about the same amount of time after a ride. I am sure if you bought it from cycle gear you are fine.
    Tony

2012 Yamaha FZ6R White. 2" Handle bar risers with pivot - Yamaha bubble windshield. - T-Rex frame sliders - Flush mount turn signals - LED Strip Turn Signals- Red Bar Ends, Red Levers, Red LED rear signals. Custom Seat

Rock store photos

http://shop.rockstorephotos.com/mddR...7nuZOBUw==.fav

Quote Originally Posted by latony007 View Post
    I have the battery tender jr. for my fz and another one i dont recall the brand on that came with my cruiser. Both seem identical and go green after about the same amount of time after a ride. I am sure if you bought it from cycle gear you are fine.
    Well, its going to get cold by the end of the weekend. I will probably install it tomorrow and see how this thing works. I'll keep you guys updated. Thanks.

10. Thanks engineerpilotdude thanked for this post

Well, its going to get cold by the end of the weekend. I will probably install it tomorrow and see how this thing works. I'll keep you guys updated. Thanks.
    How’d it work out for you? I was looking at an Optimate, maybe the 6 for the weatherproof aspect.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123