Thanks Thanks:  4
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Battery Charger

Thumbs up

+1 on Battery Tender Jr. here as well. We bought 2 from the local dealer for 30 bones each a few years back. No issues with them at all and I like the fact that they have an "intermidate charge" indicator that will let you know when it is about 80% cycled.

Great little gadget.
    We don't keep our batteries hooked on them all the time. We just take the batteries out of the bikes (when the bikes go to sleep for winter ) and store them in a warm place (aka not on a concrete floor - that = death for a battery) then check them periodically and give them a little plug in when needed to keep them up.
    Last edited by Insure Gal; 07-23-2010 at 08:59 AM. Reason: Grammer :)
    ďWhen Iím riding my motorcycle, Iím glad to be alive. When I stop riding my motorcycle, Iím glad to be alive.Ē - Neil Peart, Rush

The jr tender is probably the best out there. I live in the south where we can ride all year long so I do not have to store my bike for winter and thus typically only go a few weeks at most without riding. I use a duracell trickle charger and simply unplug it once the battery light on the charger notes that the battery is fully charged. Even the duracell trickle charger can be left on for some time, but it does recommend not leaving it too long after charged.

Can some one help me out? Just got the Battery Tender JR and trying to hook it up to my FZ6R. Do I hook it to the positive and negative battery terminals or just the positive terminal and the negative cable to some screw on the chasis? Instructions talked about positive or negative polarity. Also mentioned negative to negative terminal and the positive to the chasis, I don't see how that is possible but it was in the instructions. Can someone help?
    2009 Yamaha FZ6R Raven Black

MODS - Intuitive No Cut Frame Sliders

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sm00thpapa View Post
    Can some one help me out? Just got the Battery Tender JR and trying to hook it up to my FZ6R. Do I hook it to the positive and negative battery terminals or just the positive terminal and the negative cable to some screw on the chasis? Instructions talked about positive or negative polarity. Also mentioned negative to negative terminal and the positive to the chasis, I don't see how that is possible but it was in the instructions. Can someone help?
    Just unscrew the terminals from the battery and slide the pigtail terminals under, then re-secure. You should have enough pigtail to run it up and to the back seat, or just hanging out on the side.

Don't forget, if you use your trip OD for anything, they will be reset.

Don | "Deer suck! Back on two's next year!"

Sorry to bring up a dead post.. I'm about to leave on and off for next few months and will not be operating my bike. The description for the Battery Tender JR says you can just leave it plugged in all the time. Is this safe?? Can I really just leave it plugged in for 1 1/2 month at a time?!
    2009 FZ6R - "YLWF3VR":
    LifeProof iPhone mount and case, Puig touring screen, Aux power port, Heated grips, Flush turn signals, Kisan Tech brake light modulator, OES Frame Sliders, Cadmium yellow seat cowl, Fender eliminator, Gold color shorty levers, Marthy's DanMoto exhaust, Hi-viz yellow pinstripes, Aftermarket mirrors, Givi top/side cases with mount (removed for now)

Gear:
    Torc T12b Hi-Viz bluetooth helmet, Icon Overload jacket, Icon Justice gloves, Nitro racing boots, Joe Rocket Kevlar jeans.

Quote Originally Posted by ylwf3vr View Post
    Sorry to bring up a dead post.. I'm about to leave on and off for next few months and will not be operating my bike. The description for the Battery Tender JR says you can just leave it plugged in all the time. Is this safe?? Can I really just leave it plugged in for 1 1/2 month at a time?!
    Mine was plugged all winter long last year.
    It is already plugged for this year.

Had no problem at all.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by danieljardim View Post
    Mine was plugged all winter long last year.
    It is already plugged for this year.

Had no problem at all.
    almost always drop it on the bike when I get home... the jr is perfect for this. It automatically drops back to float charge when the voltage reaches a certain point... sorta a maintenance mode, so you're good to go.

Don | "Deer suck! Back on two's next year!"

Thanks all!!
    2009 FZ6R - "YLWF3VR":
    LifeProof iPhone mount and case, Puig touring screen, Aux power port, Heated grips, Flush turn signals, Kisan Tech brake light modulator, OES Frame Sliders, Cadmium yellow seat cowl, Fender eliminator, Gold color shorty levers, Marthy's DanMoto exhaust, Hi-viz yellow pinstripes, Aftermarket mirrors, Givi top/side cases with mount (removed for now)

Gear:
    Torc T12b Hi-Viz bluetooth helmet, Icon Overload jacket, Icon Justice gloves, Nitro racing boots, Joe Rocket Kevlar jeans.

that's a good deal! I make sure I at least turn it on once a week in the winter months if not ride on weekend. but others don't have that luxury
    FAB 5 President

-----------------------------------------

http://www.youtube.com/user/JT2012FZ6R

Default Winter is Here !!!!

Hey guys I just bought the Duraboost Battery Charger/ Maintainer 750 from Cycle Gear. Anyone is using this Charger now or in the past? Its any good for my Motorcycle? I appreciated any feedback. Thanks.
    Here's the link: DURABOOST - Battery Maintainer 750 - Battery Chargers - Batteries - Parts - Cycle Gear

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast