Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  2
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Thread: Repairing Bent Fairing Brackets?

Default Repairing Bent Fairing Brackets?

I'm not sure where to start, but my fairings are definitely pushed in when comparing one side to the other. Can I bend the brackets back? Should I just buy new ones? I refuse to buy them from the stealership, but sites online are kind of confusing...Tips? Advice? Want pics?

I'm wondering the same thing..my right side is a little pushed in from my accident. The black plastic by the fuel tank actually hits the tank. I guess it's a little late now since the bike is put back together at this point.
    Chris
    iR Frame Sliders // Targa FE // 6000K HID // Clear Double Bubble // Spiegler SS Brake Lines

Some gentle pressure on the metal brackets should move them back into the normal position. At least that is what I have had to do to get mine lined up. I don't know how they got out of alignment, but my right fairing was tighter than the left fairing. I just pulled the bracket out and they are pretty close to even now.

Robert

2009 Cadmium Yellow FZ6R//Intuitive Racing No-Cut Frame Sliders//Driven AIS Blockoff Plates//Custom Garage Door Opener//Custom Painted Windscreen//Making the move to a more stock setup...

4. Thanks engineerpilotdude thanked for this post
    Likes engineerpilotdude liked this post

they are pretty formable.. when I installed my HIDs I removed all the fairing completely and some of them did not line up perfect for some reason when re-installing so I bent them a little until things lined up correctly..
    2009 De-Badged Raven FZ6R
    Mods: Intuitive Racing Sliders // Competition Werkes FE // Camcorder & GPS Mounts // Motrax Flush Mounts // Pazzo Shorties // K&N Air & Oil Filters // 6000k HID Kit // Red Wheel Stripes // Tank Slapper Kit // Oberon Fuel Tank Cap / /Axio Tail Bag // +1 Front Sprocket // Integrated Smoked LED Tail Light //

6. Thanks engineerpilotdude thanked for this post
    Likes engineerpilotdude liked this post

They bent back into shape no problem, if anyone finds this thread and is wondering.