Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Roaring Toyz Lowering Link Install

Default Thanks!

Thank you for this post, and the kickstand post. The link actually came with black and white copies of your photos and instuctions from Roaring Toyz!
    Here is the after photo:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2009 Yamaha FZ6R Raven
    1989 Honda GB500 Cafe Racer
    2002 Harley Davidson Deuce
    2001 Ducati ST2

Quote Originally Posted by fzbrooke View Post
    Thank you for this post, and the kickstand post. The link actually came with black and white copies of your photos and instuctions from Roaring Toyz!
    Here is the after photo:
    Nice! Glad to see they are using them! Thanks for the post. So... did they give me any credit for the instructions?

It's a great product!

Quote Originally Posted by FZ1inNH View Post
    Nice! Glad to see they are using them! Thanks for the post. So... did they give me any credit for the instructions?

It's a great product!
    I will dig them out and check. I did rave about you post/pics to the guy at Roaring Toyz when I ordered the parts. The bike has done great since I installed the parts. I lowered the front 1 1/2 inches.
    2009 Yamaha FZ6R Raven
    1989 Honda GB500 Cafe Racer
    2002 Harley Davidson Deuce
    2001 Ducati ST2

Blog Entries

what type of Jack/Hoist do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by Jenn62501 View Post
    what type of Jack/Hoist do you have?
    It's on sale again too! Works great if you have the rafters to support it and the load of the bike. My garage has loft rafters with a 10/12 pitch thus holds quite a bit of weight.

- Harbor Freight Tools - Quality Tools at the Lowest Prices

I just ordered the roaring toyz lowering links today and hoping they'll arrive some time this week. After reading through your sticky I wanted to ask if it would be okay if I only lifted the rear of the bike on the swing arm or would I have to support the weight of the bike in the front too? I have one of those stands that lift the bike from the swing arm which I use to adjust the chain, would this be enough for me to install the lowering link?

I would really like to install this myself at my own free time rather than work around the hours of operation of a dealer again. I've added a image of how I have it lifted right now, at least I think its attached on this reply.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by ajkewler View Post
    I just ordered the roaring toyz lowering links today and hoping they'll arrive some time this week. After reading through your sticky I wanted to ask if it would be okay if I only lifted the rear of the bike on the swing arm or would I have to support the weight of the bike in the front too? I have one of those stands that lift the bike from the swing arm which I use to adjust the chain, would this be enough for me to install the lowering link?

I would really like to install this myself at my own free time rather than work around the hours of operation of a dealer again. I've added a image of how I have it lifted right now, at least I think its attached on this reply.
    When you lower it you would have to adjust the front to be lowered with the rear. Keep this in mind when you do lower it. Therefore I would imagine you need the front to be stable as well.
    RIP 07/31/10

Quote Originally Posted by MikeN02 View Post
    When you lower it you would have to adjust the front to be lowered with the rear. Keep this in mind when you do lower it. Therefore I would imagine you need the front to be stable as well.
    I was thinking of only lowering the front between 3/4 of a inch to a inch and the rear 1 and 3/4 inches, would this be okay or is it recommended to lower the front the same distance as the rear? I read on this forum that some peopole do that but didn't really say anything negative about either.

Quote Originally Posted by ajkewler View Post
    I was thinking of only lowering the front between 3/4 of a inch to a inch and the rear 1 and 3/4 inches, would this be okay or is it recommended to lower the front the same distance as the rear? I read on this forum that some peopole do that but didn't really say anything negative about either.
    I'm not sure on the specifics but if I recall the front and rear has different lowering measurements.

Maybe someone could shed light on this even further.
    RIP 07/31/10

Here's mine! Got it lowered today with the RT link (plus RT kickstand) and it made a huge difference for my confidence, can you say night and day? Being of short stature (5'2") and short inseam, I can now put both balls of my feet down with thick-soled boots

The forks were lowered by 3/4" as suggested and the ride has been great, if anything a little bit more responsive.

Thanks for the instructions and guidance everyone!

Joe (NoDoze)
    Last edited by NoDoze; 02-04-2011 at 11:59 AM.
    2008 Suzuki SV650SF
    MotoSliders No-Cut Frame Sliders Soupy's Lowering Links Soupy's Adjustable Kickstand Comp Werkes Fender Eliminator ProGrip 719 The2Wheels CNC Levers My Fuelly
    2006 Suzuki DRZ400SM
    2012 Honda CRF150F
    2009 Team Yamaha Blue FZ6R - Sold

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast