Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Roaring Toyz Lowering Link Install

Default Big thanks

THANK YOU for posting these most EXCELLENT photos, making it very easy to follow and understand how this lowering link is to be installed!
    SUPER JOB!!

Quote Originally Posted by NYGirl View Post
    THANK YOU for posting these most EXCELLENT photos, making it very easy to follow and understand how this lowering link is to be installed!
    SUPER JOB!!
    If I missed anything or you have questions, please do ask here or in a PM. Thanks for the kudos!

You did an AWESOME job on the write up. If I hadn't already muddled through it myself (+ hubby), this would have been a BIG help. Your pictures are concise and easy to understand, and your instructions and explanations are perfect.

BTW, I noticed 3 Costco sized litter pails in your garage pics, how many cats do you have?

Oh, and thanks for the props earlier, I'm glad I could help. As a note, I have found the riding position with the 3/4" front drop to be very comfortable and it feels smoother and more stable in turns (to me).
    FZ6R White - FE, Wheel Stripes, Flush Blinkers, Heated Grips, Handlebar Helmet Lock, Custom Garage Door Opener, Tank Pad, Corbin Seat, Pink Running Light over Headlight, White LEDs in Headlight, IRC Sliders, LED taillight bulb, Scorpio Alarm, HID Headlight, RT Lowering Link, Pilot Road 2 Tires. (On the way - FZ6 Headers & slip-on, Glowing Windscreen Picture, Stealth Radar Detector, Pink Accent LEDs) Do stickers count?

Quote Originally Posted by xplodnstar View Post
    You did an AWESOME job on the write up. If I hadn't already muddled through it myself (+ hubby), this would have been a BIG help. Your pictures are concise and easy to understand, and your instructions and explanations are perfect.
    Thanks! I was glad to do it and hope that it helps someone out there. Initial response from Roaring Toyz was really good.

Quote Originally Posted by xplodnstar
    BTW, I noticed 3 Costco sized litter pails in your garage pics, how many cats do you have?
    We have a ZOO here at home. Ready for this?
    • One dog
    • three cats
    • four ferrets
    • two frogs
    • 4 fish
    • and (soon) one parrot (Only animal that is mine!)

Quote Originally Posted by xplodnstar
    Oh, and thanks for the props earlier, I'm glad I could help. As a note, I have found the riding position with the 3/4" front drop to be very comfortable and it feels smoother and more stable in turns (to me).
    That is excellent news! Michele has yet to complain about it so I'm guessing she is really happy with the outcome. I also put on a set of SW-Motech 1" bar risers for her too which helped her reach and made her sit a bit more upright. I really think, that with a more comfortable seat, she'd be 100% happy with it.

Quote Originally Posted by FZ1inNH View Post
    That is excellent news! Michele has yet to complain about it so I'm guessing she is really happy with the outcome. I also put on a set of SW-Motech 1" bar risers for her too which helped her reach and made her sit a bit more upright. I really think, that with a more comfortable seat, she'd be 100% happy with it.
    I've had a thought about that, depending on which part is uncomfortable. For the cushion, I thought I could get some gel inserts, like for shoes, and put them in under the shell to add some squish.

I haven't needed it since I got the Corbin, but does anyone think it might work?
    FZ6R White - FE, Wheel Stripes, Flush Blinkers, Heated Grips, Handlebar Helmet Lock, Custom Garage Door Opener, Tank Pad, Corbin Seat, Pink Running Light over Headlight, White LEDs in Headlight, IRC Sliders, LED taillight bulb, Scorpio Alarm, HID Headlight, RT Lowering Link, Pilot Road 2 Tires. (On the way - FZ6 Headers & slip-on, Glowing Windscreen Picture, Stealth Radar Detector, Pink Accent LEDs) Do stickers count?

Quote Originally Posted by xplodnstar View Post
    I've had a thought about that, depending on which part is uncomfortable. For the cushion, I thought I could get some gel inserts, like for shoes, and put them in under the shell to add some squish.

I haven't needed it since I got the Corbin, but does anyone think it might work?
    I had a gel seat on the FZ6 once. It didn't last long.

When it got hot, it stayed VERY hot. When it got cold, it was hard as a rock and stayed cold.

Better plan would be to remove "some" stock foam and replace with twice the thickness in memory foam.

Got my girls bike lowered and I must say it made a big difference for her. She can flat foot it now and feels alot more confident and comfortable

Has anyone had any negative experience with the Roaring Toyz lowering kit, or lowering in general. I am considering it with my days old FZ6R but have heard bad things about lowering with links and with sliding the forks up the triple tree.
    Thanks!
    Brooke

I LOVE the lowing link. It has made my ride less stressful for me. Knowing that when I have to come to a stop I will be able to actually touch both feet to the ground is a GREAT feeling.

I actually like the ride better with the bike lowered.

Nothing negative from my wife about it. Same as xpoldnstar's experience, all positive and she is much more confident on the bike now. It's a simple but very effective product!
    Last edited by FZ1inNH; 01-09-2010 at 06:20 PM.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast