Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Grip heater installation instructions

Blog Entries

Link was dead. Now fixed. Thanks bleedinblue for letting me know.
    -Jay

You call it facial hair.. I call it AWESOMENESS escaping through my face!

Previous Bikes: 09 Rebel 250, 09 FZ6R, 09 R6, 11 FZ8, 2002 Bandit 1200S

Quote Originally Posted by JSP View Post
    Link was dead. Now fixed. Thanks bleedinblue for letting me know.
    No problem, I bought bar mitts and needed $5 more to meet the free Super Saver shipping on Amazon, I found a cheap 30 amp relay + fuse kit for $4, it should be fine if the fuse is switched to 15 amp.I ordered one for a spare just in case I need something over the winter.Its a crimp design instead of using set screws, but you can buy a good crimp kit at HF for the $10 saved on a fuse block and relay at Autozone.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Absolute-USA-In-line-Holder-Automotive/dp/B007XLDREU/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1382301147&sr=8-4&keywords=automotive+relay]Amazon.com: Absolute USA 1 In-line ATC Fuse Holder, 1 Relay RLS125 12 VCD Automotive Relay SPDT 30/40A and 1 SRS105 12 VDC 5-Pin Relay Socket: Car Electronics[/ame]
    Gen 3 EJK fuel controller, R6 headers, Volcano Flame Outlet can, K&N air filter, heated Spider Grips, Motodynamic smoked tail light, Motodynamic flush mounts, turn signals in scoops, LuiMoto seat cover with a gelpad and rebond as replacment foam, million color led kit, custom Yamaha Raised Bubble windscreen, Shinko Raven touring tires, Nelson Rigg rear luggage with a Motocentric tank bag with power inside, a Pyle amp and Kicker speakers

Can someone re-update the link to this? I am looking to install heaters on my grips but am a bit confused between the grip versions versus the bars. I can see the grip being fine for the clutch side but not sure how to do it for throttle since most things I see are either ATV/thumb based or meant to heat the whole handle bar section.

Arizona - too damn hot in the summer and quickly too cold in the winter. Sure its great when the suns out but when your used to 115 in the summer suddenly 48 degree's on a early morning is no fun on the hands.

Thanks!

Blog Entries

just get these and be done!
    Oxford Heaterz Sports Heated Grips - RevZilla

back when Jay installed those symtec heaters, the full gip heaters were close to $200 and the symtec heaters were/are around $35, so it was a cost thing to go that route. Plus, don't know the clutch side ever got as hot as the throttle side due to being installed right against the metal.

symtec heater link: Symtec Handlebar Grip Heater Kit with Round Rocker Switch 210007RR

Don | "Deer suck! Back on two's next year!"

Blog Entries

The writing website I had all my articles hosted on shut down and took all the content with them. Rather upset about that. I never got an email saying they were shutting down and they gave a short window to come and get your content which I apparently missed. All is lost.
    -Jay

You call it facial hair.. I call it AWESOMENESS escaping through my face!

Previous Bikes: 09 Rebel 250, 09 FZ6R, 09 R6, 11 FZ8, 2002 Bandit 1200S

Funny I saw your other post recommending them and ordered a pair. Unfortunately it was after I posted here asking for the updated link. I didn't change the request because I figured extra info before I installed the Oxford's couldn't hurt. Thanks for the tip too because they just arrived and I was reading the install instructions just now.

I just bought the oxford and was wondering if the install is as easy as it sounds. Any issues with getting the original grips off and especially the throttle tube? Also these don't have too high a draw for my fz06r 2009 do they? I think it is 48 watts.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by rockmurf View Post
    I just bought the oxford and was wondering if the install is as easy as it sounds. Any issues with getting the original grips off and especially the throttle tube? Also these don't have too high a draw for my fz06r 2009 do they? I think it is 48 watts.
    easy to install, to get the old ones off, use a box cutter or razor blade and gently cut a slit, then pull them off. no issues with current draw, I run these and a 65w heated vest

Don | "Deer suck! Back on two's next year!"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12