Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 154 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: New member welcome thread

Nice to meet you Ben and Ramsey! Welcome aboard!
    2009 Raven FZ6R - Intuitive Racing No-Cut Frame Sliders | Evotech Fender Eliminator | Two Brothers Racing V.A.L.E. Complete Carbon Fiber Exhaust | Black Pazzo Levers | Black/Red Galfer Brake Lines | K&N Air Filter | 6000k DDM HID | Red Wheel Stripes | Oberon Fuel Tank Cap | Dynotune PC-V

Hello everyone. Nice to see a specific site for the new FZ6r. My wife, 'xplodnstar' is already on here, but I figured I would jump in a say, "hello". The FZ6r is a great bike and looks like a lot of good information is already on this site.
    '07 Plasma blue ZX-10R w/K&N filter, Wheel Stripes, Helibar risers, Yosh full system, heated grips, CBR1000 caliper swap (painted blue), Radar detector with HUD, garage door mod, puig smoke screen, Scorpio i500 alarm, HID 8k headlights, Stainless Steel brake lines. Next mod: Vertical takeoff capability...

found this site been reading on it alot, Just thought I'd finally say hi just got my bike less then a month ago already put 1400 miles on it this is my first bike and loving it

Hello from Alexandria, VA... I'm currently mounted on a V Star and most of my knowledge is from cruisers, so forgive me if I'm not up on all the terminology regarding sport bikes... I'm as dumb as a stump when it comes to anything 'sport bike'.

I'm here doing the 'research' for a friend of mine (I'm the wrench monkey). She's (1st time rider) wanting a sport tourer and is in love with the Moto Guzzi Norge and a couple BMW's - too big for her. So, while shopping for bikes this past weekend, we found the FZ6R. It seems just about perfect for her, 'cepting for a few issues that I've seen (some of) addressed here already - she wants a bigger wind screen, lowering kit, seat, risers, and maybe some foot controls that are an inch or two more forward. I read that risers are available now, windshields and lowering kits should be coming soon, but how about foot controls? Is that something that is/ will be available?

Basically, what I want to know is, can this bike be turned into more of a tourer than it is?

Any info on good reputable aftermarket vendors would also be greatly appreciated...
    Last edited by MarkyDaSod; 07-27-2009 at 09:47 AM.

Nice to see all these new members

I suppose I should have posted here first...

My name is Senaca... I live in Ottawa, Ontario (in Canada)... Been riding 2 years now. Started off on a 2006 Ninja 250 (called a ZZR250 in Canada), then moved on to a 2005 FZ6. Just bought my new yellow FZ6R this month.

I commute to work and school with it, do some touring, and just ride every chance I get. Alot of my riding is in the city. I may end up doing a bit of Vlogging (for those familiar with the hobby). If not... youtube it! Love the forum so far!

Senaca

Hi, my name is Chris, I'm 26. I live in Annapolis, MD. I'm a Network Administrator at a hospital.

I've never ridden, however I will be picking up an FZ6R hopefully some time this week. I will be taking the MSF and will be working on getting my Class M in the near future.

Quote Originally Posted by Diluted View Post
    Hi, my name is Chris, I'm 26. I live in Annapolis, MD. I'm a Network Administrator at a hospital.

I've never ridden, however I will be picking up an FZ6R hopefully some time this week. I will be taking the MSF and will be working on getting my Class M in the near future.
    A local!
    My name is Arlen, I'm in Baltimore MD. I have limited riding experience, I'm still in the searching stage but so far it looks like I'll pick up a fz6r.

Hello all. Another noobie. Name's Allan and I live in Cape Town, South Africa. Have always loved bikes, but never committed. This year, though, i decided to commit, and had my Cadmium yellow FZ6R deliver to my house on Thursday. Even though my first rider training course in on Saturday, i took the bike for a spin today. It was crazy

Anyway, managed not to embarrass myself too badly, and kept the bike upright. Looking forward to adding to the current 8km's i have on the bike.

My Name is Mark. Originally from Tampa Florida, but am now residing in North Georgia. I teach high school social studies (going on 9 years) economics, government & history. I also teach drivers ed in my spare time. In the fall I coach high school wrestling. My wife's name is Wendy hence us 2 together is my sig-WenMark. I served in The US Coast Guard for 6 years. I owned a mortgage company (before I was a teacher) a while back before the mess and fraud and sold it just in time and became a teacher like my mother. I owned a Suzuki enduro 125 when I was a kid and had many 4 wheelers but I just discovered how much I miss riding last year. So I bought a Suzuki Burgman I really like it, but after sitting on the new FZ6R I fell in love right away. I told my wife I was getting a little depressed (before just working and watching TV all the time) and needed a hobby so you guys are my outlet so be nice and be on here every chance you get!! (just kidding) but I do read and post here a lot so it is always good to hear from everyone...peace Mark

Page 3 of 154 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast