Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 154 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: New member welcome thread

my name is troy and im new here. i live in Michigan and i am a state certified auto mechanic, but im still in college getting my associates in the field. ill be graduated by the end of the year though. i don't own a bike yet, but i have been racing motocross on quads since middle school. my friends all raced pit bikes which are little dirt bikes and immediately got me into the two wheeled world i love riding dirt bikes and am now looking at the fz6r as my first motorcycle.

Quote Originally Posted by gsrtroy View Post
    my name is troy and im new here. i live in Michigan and i am a state certified auto mechanic, but im still in college getting my associates in the field. ill be graduated by the end of the year though. i don't own a bike yet, but i have been racing motocross on quads since middle school. my friends all raced pit bikes which are little dirt bikes and immediately got me into the two wheeled world i love riding dirt bikes and am now looking at the fz6r as my first motorcycle.
    Do it! You will love the bike!

BTW :welcome:

Robert

2009 Cadmium Yellow FZ6R//Intuitive Racing No-Cut Frame Sliders//Driven AIS Blockoff Plates//Custom Garage Door Opener//Custom Painted Windscreen//Making the move to a more stock setup...

Quote Originally Posted by 99vengeur View Post
    Do it! You will love the bike!

BTW :welcome:
    :welcome:
    -Brian

09 Suzuki GSXR-600 / GixxerBoys FE / Sliders / More to come....

thanks guys.

Mods:Seat Cowl // Tinted Windscreen // Flush Mount Signals Front and Rear // FZ6R Grips // Grip Heaters // IR no-cut Sliders // K&N Filter //More to come...

My name is Brad. I'm 25 and located in Pine Grove Pennsylvania. I have a blue fz6r with no cut frame sliders, fender eliminator kit, flush mount signals and a blue led underglow kit.

I love this bike! I put 150+ miles on just today.

What's up guys. I'm new here and to motorcycling. I live in Lakeside (East San Diego County) I've been into 2 wheels for as long as I can remember. (Racing BMX, riding mountain bikes etc...) and I've always wanted to get into motorcycles. Especially since most of family rides. (Although they're all of the Harley riding variety. ) I'm finally taking the step. I was initially going to get a dirt bike but after riding one a few times and thinking it through, I decided a street bike would be used a lot more and wouldn't threaten my already damaged neck as much. I'm going in Tuesday to take my written DMV test to get that out of the way. Then in a few weeks I'll be taking my MSF class to get my license. Once I get that I'll be borrowing a buddies bike for a week or so to get a hang of riding in real life. Then it's off to a dealer to pick up a FZ6R. I can't wait. I've done a lot of research on the various bikes in this category. Sat on all of them at dealers. And this bike seems like the best one for me. By far the best looking and the most comfortable to sit on as well. The only ones close were the Kawasaki Versys and the Ninja 650. The Versys was really comfortable but pretty ugly and the Ninja was comfortable except the super narrow bars. The FZ6R just felt right when I sat on it. I'm planning on getting the black one. And me being the kind of guy I am, it probably won't stay stock for long. I like to be well informed about any hobby I'm involved in so I want to learn everything I can about this bike. And this forum seems to be the best I've read so far. Most other sport bike forums tend to be a bunch of jerks doing nothing but bashing the other guy. There seems to be some good info here. I look forward to using it.

Did I mention I can't wait!?!
    Last edited by JonKerr; 07-17-2009 at 05:26 PM.

You will find us and this forum pretty laid back. There is no bashing or flaming going on here cuz we don't tolerate it. You ask a question and we are going to give you a straight answer. You are going to find a lot of newbies here as well, but there are a few knowledgeable riders here too. Again, welcome, enjoy and be safe.

Robert

2009 Cadmium Yellow FZ6R//Intuitive Racing No-Cut Frame Sliders//Driven AIS Blockoff Plates//Custom Garage Door Opener//Custom Painted Windscreen//Making the move to a more stock setup...

Hey everyone, my name is ben im new to this forum thought i would save my first post for when i bought my bike. finally turned 18 on Thursday went back to the dealer and bought my blue fz6r as a nice birthday present for myself, got it home and have been riding like crazy for the last few days completely stock for now but hoping to have a few mods done in the next few weeks.

Hey everyone - I'm Ramsey. I work for the Department of Defense and I currently live in Belleville, IL. Well for about 2 more weeks. I'm headed to Germany and my blue FZ6R is starting her trip on Monday.

I'm a noob and the FZ6R is my first bike. I grew up on the back of Yamaha's as a passenger with my dad at the controls. I rode with him until i was about 18 I guess. We started off on a Seca and then a XJ900, XJ1200 and then a FZR1000.

He quit riding to put me through college but passed on before I finished. So here I am 12 years later...I guess I bought the FZ6R as a tribute to my dad. The FZ6R brought back all the sounds and smells of the good old days.

Page 2 of 154 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast