Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 153 of 153 FirstFirst ... 53103143151152153
Results 1,521 to 1,529 of 1529

Thread: New member welcome thread

Quote Originally Posted by Clovis Man View Post
    Is this thing on? <TAP TAP>

MIC CHECK 1,2,3 <SQUEAL.....>

I'm new on the forum, but an experienced rider. An experienced, RUSTY rider. I rode Honda's all through the '70's, '80's, and most of the '90's, but I haven't had a bike now in about 20 years. The itch is INTENSE.

The last bike I had, though, was a Yamaha RZ-350. Now that little bike would seriously haul. I had it ported and bored and a bunch other stuff done, it could have been a road race bike if a racer had owned it.

A few weeks ago, I was looking at the 300 cc bikes, thinking they would fit my need just fine, but in recalling the RZ-350 and the amount of power it had, I decided to look some more. The FZ-6R came into focus. Seems like it weighs about 40 pounds more than my RZ did, and has a little less horsepower. An obvious choice. I'm thinking about buying a bike next spring.

Until then, I guess I'll lurk around here and see what I can pick up. Thanks for listening.
    RZ was a 2 stroke... huge difference! LOL
    The FZ6R is about everything but what a RZ was. Don't get me wrong, it as enough power to have fun and get around but won't get your panties all wet! LOL FZ09 is more HP/weight ratio you would have on a RD350 0-80 MPH.

Martin

Life is all about attitude. Be hard on yourself, easy on others.

FZ6R sold...

Just Picked up a 2009 FZ6R with 10k miles on it. So far I've ridden it for about 50 miles and I love it. Ive previously owned a 2002 CBR 600rr, an04 R6, and a 2000 Buell Blast, in that order. The FZ6R isn't a cbr or r6 but its a major step up from the Buell Blast and I couldn't be happier. I got the FZ with a 2 brothers exhaust, fender eliminator and flush mount front turn signals, and brand new tires. I plan on changing a few things here and there, but so far I am very pleased with the riding experience. I would eventually like to lower it a bit, as well as plastidip the ugly stock yellow, but first up is changing the stock spark plugs, as well as putting in a K&N air filter to help her breathe a bit. I just found these forums a few days ago and the plethora of info and how to's definitely helped me make the decision to get the bike, awesome community.

Welcome to the forum from a fellow '09 owner, though mine's the faster blue color. I bought mine brand new in 2011 with just 5 miles the techs put on it before delivering it to me and just crossed 20,000 miles after 6 years (though I beat 12,000 miles on it the first year). If you're going to plastidip, check out MistahT's threads. He's the King of Plastidip here. As for spark plugs, I'm not sure if you'll gain much beyond the stock NGK CR9Es besides longevity. Even though I replace mine every 8000 miles since they're cheap and a pain to get to, they've always been in great shape at replacement (95-98% electrode remaining with a light coat of soot).
    John

Current Bike: 2009 FZ6R Blue/White, Shogun No-Cut Frame Sliders, Pro-Grip Tank Pad, Rascal Grafik Tank Grip
    Current Gear: HJC IS-MAX BT helmet, Fly Racing Trekker Jacket, Fly Racing Butane Pants, Cortech Adrenaline Gloves
    Mileage: 17200mi
    "A good p̶i̶l̶o̶t̶ rider is always learning."

Hi I'm Jamil & I'm from Connecticut. New to riding. Have always wanted to but many things got in the way. Now can finally enjoy the freedom!

Took the MSF in April & spent about a month looking before I came across my eventual bike...a 2013 FZ6R with just over 300 miles on it! Worked the guy down from 6200 to 4800. Absolutely Love riding!!! Done a few mods to it already. Trying to find a slip on exhaust so I don't have to spend 1k on a full system. If anyone knows of any that will fit please let me know. Haven't had any luck & only option I see is to have it welded to fit.

Mods: frame sliders/DMP fender eliminator kit/smoke integrated tail light/double bubble windscreen with spike bolts

Hey everyone. New rider here. I picked up a 2011 FZ6R about a month ago and have been working on getting it road worthy. I never thought I'd be into motorcycles or wrenching but a new world has been opened up for me recently. Looking forward to taking the MSF, getting my license, and getting on the road.

Hey everyone, glad to be here.

I've decided to buy a FZ6R and am now trying to decide what year is best. Eager to get riding....

Welcome

found this forum while researching FZ6R stuff. My name is Mark and I live on the Outer Banks of North Carolina. I've owned my 2009 FZ6R for 3 years now! Cheers!

hi, i'm daniel. bought a '15 fz6r to commute and zip around the flint hills of kansas. the fz6r is my second bike, getting back into riding after 6 years (first was a little old carbed ninja 250 that was serious fun to thrash around, but felt too light for prairie crosswinds & had to be spooled up and shifted like three times just to get through a turning lane intersection). so far i love the fz6r's riding position & predictable power / torque distribution. i also enjoy the wrenching, tinkering & maintenance that goes along with motorcycles in general.

Page 153 of 153 FirstFirst ... 53103143151152153