Header
Yamaha FZ6R Forums - International FZ6R / XJ6 Motorcycle Community Forum

Go Back   Yamaha FZ6R Forums - International FZ6R / XJ6 Motorcycle Community Forum > FZ6R Related Discussion > FZ6R Mods
Register All AlbumsiTrader Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

FZ6R Mods Lights, decals, paint, plates and wheels....What do you got? Seen? Want?

Old 06-11-2009, 01:54 PM   #1
joloy133
Bike: FZ6R-Cadmium Yellow  
joloy133 is on a distinguished road
Default Mod. Stock Exhaust

Hey everyone; FWIW, I just modified the stock exhaust. I just couldn't pull the trigger on a complete exhaust change for the performance payoff. I just wanted a better sound. (Gambled on the self-made version from Germany-UTube Vid.) Anyway went to the local speed muffler shop and had him cut out tailpipe behind chrome piece, 1-1/4" stock, to replace with 2-1/4" angle cut to match as in video. Sound is deeper, fuller, louder but not too loud.
Performance may be better, sound note gives that impression, still too new. A patron regular has an R1 and commented that it sounds similar, he likes! It maybe slightly louder than I like but it was so quiet before. I'll update further if anyone is interested.
joloy133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 02:16 PM   #2
AcesLA07

Default Re: Mod. Stock Exhaust

Post up a vid and a how-to write up.
Old 06-11-2009, 02:22 PM   #3
AlanB

More info please!
Old 06-11-2009, 02:30 PM   #4
scoobydrvr

More info! or even a link to the video would be nice...
Old 06-11-2009, 02:37 PM   #5
Bates121

it had to be said
Old 06-11-2009, 02:49 PM   #6
xplodnstar

Bike: FZ6R - White  
xplodnstar is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to xplodnstar

I'm VERY interested in hearing more!!!
FZ6R White - FE, Wheel Stripes, Flush Blinkers, Heated Grips, Handlebar Helmet Lock, Custom Garage Door Opener, Tank Pad, Corbin Seat, Pink Running Light over Headlight, White LEDs in Headlight, IRC Sliders, LED taillight bulb, Scorpio Alarm, HID Headlight, RT Lowering Link, Pilot Road 2 Tires. (On the way - FZ6 Headers & slip-on, Glowing Windscreen Picture, Stealth Radar Detector, Pink Accent LEDs) Do stickers count?
xplodnstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 03:10 PM   #7
Roaddawg

Bike: 2009 FZ6R (Yes, the "R")  
Roaddawg will become famous soon enoughRoaddawg will become famous soon enough

Man, I can't believe your teasing us like this...What's the "self-made from Germany" link so at least we can get a taste until YOU post your video?

EDIT: Is this the one?
Roaddawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 03:14 PM   #8
scoobydrvr

I looked up (what i think) is the video he's basing this off of. Pretty sure it's just drilled baffles. Google translator did a decent job, it mentions baffles and drilling, but nothing specific. Check it out...

Interestingly, I took the bike to a muffler shop and showed it to one of the mechanics. He said i might try drilling out the baffle for a little more volume but also recommended removing the long tubes that are the actual exit and replacing them with something larger that doesn't go into the muffler. The larger diameter allows for longer wavelengths to escape (deeper tones) and the shorter pipe means there are less bends for the sound to have to navigate (more volume). I'm thinking about giving it a try when my finances turn around as I don't like the huge increase in volume associated with aftermarket exhausts.
Old 06-11-2009, 03:23 PM   #9
scoobydrvr

My bad... This is for the AAARRRRRRRR..... oops...
Old 06-11-2009, 04:07 PM   #10
joloy133
Bike: FZ6R-Cadmium Yellow  
joloy133 is on a distinguished road

Yes to roaddawg and for everyone else, the video from earlier postings is the "XJ 6 self made exhaust" on you tube. I just copied that video. I chose 2 1/4" pipe as that is what 2BR uses, with angle cut to be parallel to frame it looks 2 1/2". Cost was $85 at a muffler shop. I'll find somebody to do a picture 4U. My buddy say it sounds "badaaaaa"! (The sound portion of that video is not true to life.) (Hey roaddawg, if u want to meet to hear it urself............let me know.)
joloy133 is offline   Reply With Quote