Header
Yamaha FZ6R Forums - International FZ6R / XJ6 Motorcycle Community Forum

Go Back   Yamaha FZ6R Forums - International FZ6R / XJ6 Motorcycle Community Forum > General Motorcycle Forums > The Bar
Register All AlbumsiTrader Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

The Bar Pull up a stool. This is an open forum where you can discuss whatever you wish.

Closed Thread

Old 07-21-2012, 05:38 PM   #81
Spunky99

Bike: 2009 FZ6R, Yellow  
Spunky99 has a spectacular aura aboutSpunky99 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevyfazer View Post
It said he was dropping out of college or something like that so maybe he spent his tuition money on the stuff. Plus there are a crazy amount of grants and student loans available if you know where to look.
Good point and I just learned something new about student loans.
Since the Federal Govt took over the loan program, they are easier to get and no one cares what you spend the money on so YES it is possible to have bought $20K worth of stuff on student loan money. I understand he was on the black team of the OWS and there are videos of him doing some pretty radical stuff in San Diego where he got arrested.
Sounds like OWS is spawning some domestic terrorists.

1999 Triumph Daytona 955i, HQ shorty levers, D3 grips, Gorilla 8017 alarm, SkyKing frame sliders, Sixity scintered bronze brake pads F/R, R&G rear axle sliders, Galfer wave rear rotor, Hella Fwy horn, PowerBronze chain guard/hugger, 02' R6 Throttle tube, Dunlop Sportmax Q2 tires, dual 55 watt HID.
Old 07-21-2012, 05:59 PM   #82
Spunky99

Bike: 2009 FZ6R, Yellow  
Spunky99 has a spectacular aura aboutSpunky99 has a spectacular aura about

Here is a link to the OWS claim....

Colorado Shooter Active With Occupy Wall Street

1999 Triumph Daytona 955i, HQ shorty levers, D3 grips, Gorilla 8017 alarm, SkyKing frame sliders, Sixity scintered bronze brake pads F/R, R&G rear axle sliders, Galfer wave rear rotor, Hella Fwy horn, PowerBronze chain guard/hugger, 02' R6 Throttle tube, Dunlop Sportmax Q2 tires, dual 55 watt HID.
Old 07-21-2012, 08:11 PM   #83
Wooster

Bike: 2011 FZ6R  
Wooster is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spunky99 View Post
Here is a link to the OWS claim....

Colorado Shooter Active With Occupy Wall Street
What's funny is how fast ABC news tried to pin this on the Tea Party.
Mods: Rumble Concepts Ghost Mount Smoked Turn Signals / Targa Fender Eliminator Kit / Ride It Forever Levers / Pro Grips 717 / Leo Vince Slip On / Puig Rear Tire Hugger / Oberon Front & Rear Foot Pegs / R&G Radiator Guard / PIAA Horn & PIAA Xtreme White Plus Headlight Bulb / K&N Oil & Air Filter / T-Rex Frame Sliders / ZX6R Mirrors / LighTech F. Brake Reservoir Cover & Oil Filler Cap / Yamaha Raised Bubble Windscreen, Carbon Fiber Bar Ends, Tank Pad and Gas Cap Cover

Gear: helmet and gloves
The Following User Says Thank You to Wooster For This Useful Post:
Spunky99 (07-21-2012)
Old 07-21-2012, 08:21 PM   #84
DakinechicK

Bike: 2011 Suzuki GSXR; 2008 Kawasaki Ninja - SOLD; 2009 Yamaha FZ6R - SOLD  
DakinechicK is a glorious beacon of lightDakinechicK is a glorious beacon of lightDakinechicK is a glorious beacon of lightDakinechicK is a glorious beacon of lightDakinechicK is a glorious beacon of lightDakinechicK is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooster View Post
This friggin Liberal ideology that we need more laws and that we need the Government to protect us from the cradle to the grave makes me sick.

Sage (07-22-2012), Spunky99 (07-21-2012), Wooster (07-21-2012)
Old 07-22-2012, 08:07 AM   #85
bleedinblue

Bike: Copper Drag Bike  
bleedinblue is a splendid one to beholdbleedinblue is a splendid one to beholdbleedinblue is a splendid one to beholdbleedinblue is a splendid one to beholdbleedinblue is a splendid one to beholdbleedinblue is a splendid one to beholdbleedinblue is a splendid one to behold

Sorry if this has already been said.But has anyone else noticed they keep showing a s&w m&p 22lr and call it a assult rifle?I guess that helps explain all of the wounded.
But im just basing that off of the pictures shown on the local news.
They keep saying its a s&w assult rifle, then showing pics of the 22lr.
Old 07-22-2012, 08:28 AM   #86
Chevyfazer

Bike: 04 fz6  
Chevyfazer is on a distinguished road

I haven't noticed it but I haven't been watching the news either
Old 07-22-2012, 08:30 AM   #87
Wolfpack
Bike: 2013 Ninja 650  
Wolfpack is on a distinguished road

witnesses said he stopped and it took him 5-10 seconds to reload. thats plenty of time to drop the motherfuc*er
Old 07-22-2012, 08:46 AM   #88
FZ6Rob85
Bike: Still searching...  
FZ6Rob85 is on a distinguished road

We can debate all we want on here about who has what training and what happened, but the fact is it happened. It is terrible and I feel for the families and friends of those lost, but talking about who could have done what, republican or democrat, evil or mentally ill doesn't change what happened. All we can do now is to figure out how we can prevent these things from happening in the future, whether its changing the locations of doors at movie theatres, enacting laws that all citizens be at the very least educated on gun safety and operation, or whatever it is that the majority of the population can find to agree upon.

Unfortunately, the things we all agree upon are becoming less and less, and the mainstream media (Fox & MSNBC in particular) feed off of and exacerbate our growing intolerance of each other. You can argue politics all you like but the fact is that it doesn't matter if it's a democrat or republican in office, the only thing that will change is the method they will use to screw us.

The bitterness of poor quality lingers long after the sweetness of cheap price is forgotten.
The Following User Says Thank You to FZ6Rob85 For This Useful Post:
bleedinblue (07-22-2012)
Old 07-22-2012, 09:06 AM   #89
bleedinblue

Bike: Copper Drag Bike  
bleedinblue is a splendid one to beholdbleedinblue is a splendid one to beholdbleedinblue is a splendid one to beholdbleedinblue is a splendid one to beholdbleedinblue is a splendid one to beholdbleedinblue is a splendid one to beholdbleedinblue is a splendid one to behold

I can see your point fz6rob, but debate has turned into something thats feared, when its healthy for us to do it.
I agree that we need to figure out how to prevent things like this from happening.But I dont think it will happen until the ordinary people that vote, starts debating these sort of things, and making more stands against the options we have for news, and political candidates.
Forums are a blessing for debates.If they were around for our parents to use.We might live in a different world.

The Following User Says Thank You to bleedinblue For This Useful Post:
FZ6Rob85 (07-22-2012)
Old 07-22-2012, 09:25 AM   #90
FZ6Rob85
Bike: Still searching...  
FZ6Rob85 is on a distinguished road

Ah yes I would generally agree, but nothing productive can come from debate where people start referring to each other as "republican'ts", "liberal pussies", "tea-baggers", and "pussyfied dumbocrats". All that does is breed anger and hate based on someone's personal and political ideology, which can only lead to violence. Forget China, Iran, and Pakistan, the only real danger I see is my fellow countrymen.

The bitterness of poor quality lingers long after the sweetness of cheap price is forgotten.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FZ6Rob85 For This Useful Post:
Brock Kickass (07-22-2012), MustGoFaster (07-22-2012)
Closed Thread